X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru
    View Post

I have a 650 that needed some wiring help as well. I found the mini-hums were a bit muddy, middy and indistinct. I wired the tone pots as spin-a-splits, changed the bridge volume to a blend and the neck volume to a master volume and couldn't be happier. Now I can dial in pretty much everything I need from bright and jangly to balls out rock/metal. They are great instruments but may need seasoning to taste.

the thing that bugs me most about Rics is that people cry heresy when you go to mod them. they're great playing and sounding instruments. but a couple of simple mods and they're beasts. the bridge pickup now has almost as much treble as my telecaster. i always said that this Ric didn't jangle. it sure does now.
    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru
      View Post

I have a 650 that needed some wiring help as well. I found the mini-hums were a bit muddy, middy and indistinct. I wired the tone pots as spin-a-splits, changed the bridge volume to a blend and the neck volume to a master volume and couldn't be happier. Now I can dial in pretty much everything I need from bright and jangly to balls out rock/metal. They are great instruments but may need seasoning to taste.

the thing that bugs me most about Rics is that people cry heresy when you go to mod them. they're great playing and sounding instruments. but a couple of simple mods and they're beasts. the bridge pickup now has almost as much treble as my telecaster. i always said that this Ric didn't jangle. it sure does now.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Hope you're happy now that you're doomed to Ric hell for desecration.

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves
            View Post

I'm thinking it's worth the risk...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves
              View Post

I'm thinking it's worth the risk...

Comment

Comment

Comment

I love the 330 I just picked up today.

I feel like its the perfect guitar. I'll miss my 360 a lot but its a guitar and I got one hell of a guitar in return.
                    Gibson Les Paul Jr. / Rockinbetter 330, Rickenbacker 360
                    Fender '59 Bassman RI / Sovtek mig100h / VHT lead 40
                    Russian Big Muff / DIY FY-2 "companion fuzz"

Originally Posted by donnie_combat

G&L's are the most un creative stupid pieces of crap on the planet. if you want something decent and real go for fender~

Comment

I love the 330 I just picked up today.

I feel like its the perfect guitar. I'll miss my 360 a lot but its a guitar and I got one hell of a guitar in return.

G&L's are the most un creative stupid pieces of crap on the planet. if you want something decent and real go for fender~

Comment

Whew... I was expecting a Floyd. Does your fretboard need oiling/cleaning?
                        Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by scott944
                            View Post

It's a Ric! The board is finished!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by scott944
                              View Post

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJM
                                View Post

That's what I thought, but it looks "splotchy" in that pic. Could just be the lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X