No announcement yet.

I'm done with musiciansfriend and guitar center until this website is fixed

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done with musiciansfriend and guitar center until this website is fixed

I've purchased a lot of stuff from them over the years - cables, amps, pedals, but I'm done. I'm not suggesting anyone else follows suit, I just feel like I'm part of the problem when I hand money to a mega-corporation that clearly doesn't care about addressing issues negatively impacting a core subgroup of it's target market. There are a lot of other options out there in the market place and I've purchased a lot of stuff from their competitors, as well. (BTW, if anyone from Sweetwater is reading this, it might just be time for your company to consider starting up a musician message board.)
    I don't play a lot of fancy guitar. I don't want to play it. The kind of guitar I want to play is mean, mean licks.
    ~ John Lee Hooker

Yeah it sucks when a free service you've grown to take for granted doesn't work and is all the justification you need to take your business elsewhere. Maybe to one of those other competitor's free forums
    My Gear
    Schecter Corsair
    TelePartsCaster x3
    Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
    Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
    Vox VT15
    Fender SCXD
    Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
    Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
    Vox AC4C1 amp
    Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

Comment

Yeah it sucks when a free service you've grown to take for granted doesn't work and is all the justification you need to take your business elsewhere. Maybe to one of those other competitor's free forums
      My Gear
      Schecter Corsair
      TelePartsCaster x3
      Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
      Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
      Vox VT15
      Fender SCXD
      Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
      Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
      Vox AC4C1 amp
      Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy
        View Post

Regularly visiting a free site in no way obligates me to make purchases from it's parent company. Also, I've never suggested I'm leaving the message boards, instead I'm simply not giving my money to the corporation who acquired HC and then let it fall into it's current state. As I said, I'm not suggesting anyone else follows suit.
        I don't play a lot of fancy guitar. I don't want to play it. The kind of guitar I want to play is mean, mean licks.
        ~ John Lee Hooker

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy
          View Post

Regularly visiting a free site in no way obligates me to make purchases from it's parent company. Also, I've never suggested I'm leaving the message boards, instead I'm simply not giving my money to the corporation who acquired HC and then let it fall into it's current state. As I said, I'm not suggesting anyone else follows suit.
          ~ John Lee Hooker

Comment

I'm not going to comment on the topic of this thread, but I do wish that this website was run by an independent company.

Comment

I'm not going to comment on the topic of this thread, but I do wish that this website was run by an independent company.

Comment

This is probably the largest musicians forum database on the Internet, so it's become more and more difficult for the database servers to serve up data in a timely manner. I know they have been trying to keep from losing any valuable forum archives, but at this rate I think they need to split them off into a subdomain such as archives.acapella.haromony-central.com.

I am sure they are working on it.

Comment

This is probably the largest musicians forum database on the Internet, so it's become more and more difficult for the database servers to serve up data in a timely manner. I know they have been trying to keep from losing any valuable forum archives, but at this rate I think they need to split them off into a subdomain such as archives.acapella.haromony-central.com.

I am sure they are working on it.

Comment

I'm all for voicing of opinions. It's when the responses turn into ridicule...that it becomes a problem. It's just not called for.
                    NEWB since '09.

Comment

I'm all for voicing of opinions. It's when the responses turn into ridicule...that it becomes a problem. It's just not called for.
                      NEWB since '09.

Comment

How dare we expect a website to perform properly!

Entitlement! Entitlement!
                        And once you're gone, you can't come back/ When you're out of the blue and into the black

Comment

How dare we expect a website to perform properly!

Entitlement! Entitlement!
                          And once you're gone, you can't come back/ When you're out of the blue and into the black

Comment

Maybe MF/GC decided to put all theirs eggs into social media? ...I hope not, I will be the first to admit that I would miss these forums.
                            Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                            1st generation Irish

Comment

Maybe MF/GC decided to put all theirs eggs into social media? ...I hope not, I will be the first to admit that I would miss these forums.
                              Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                              1st generation Irish

Comment

Working...
                              X