Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

2008 Les Paul Standard - Used Price?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Les Paul Standard - Used Price?

Looking at buying a 2008 Les Paul Standard off a friend of a friend.  

Guitar is cherry-burst flame top.  No mods.  Absolute mint condition (guy won't pick up his guitars before washing his hands) and set-up nicely.  

He's asking $2,000 firm, which is more than I originally wanted to spend.  Still considering it, just don't know if this price is fair or not.  As far as I can tell from ebay, it seems like it's in the ballpark.  

Any input?  Thanks in advance.  

I

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
    Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
    ---->
    HERE

Comment

Browsing used guitar center, the standards are all over the map. I saw some for $1,300. If you plate the les Paul in question and it blew you away, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay. I personally wouldn't spend that much, regardless of the OCD.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

• kayd_mon
        kayd_mon commented
        Editing a comment

Don't they cost that much brand new?

If the guitar is in such good condition, like new (frets?), the price is OK while being no steal. Might even consider that the guitar has past the test of the few first years when a defective neck would warp. It's likely to stay as it is and with no surprises. Seller is lucky to get his money back but is screwing no one.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

• hardtdc
        hardtdc commented
        Editing a comment

Offer him 17-18 hundred. Unless your money is burning a hole in your pocket, you shouldn't have to fork out two grand.

Working...
    X