Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's assume I'm lusting for a fresh strat...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's assume I'm lusting for a fresh strat...

60s specs, and as 'vintage correct' as I can afford...

Would a Fender Classic series 60s strat be as good as it gets?

I'm partial to 'right' looking strats and vintage-y playability and somewhat authentic specs, so stuff like pointy headstocks and humbuckies makes my stomach turn

What should I expect from the pu's, if my idea of ideal sounding strat pickups is a set of Seymour Duncan SSL1s? Any other cheapish upgrades that might make a noticable difference? 

I've been through a couple really nice squiers, and though they're a great bang for the buck, they didn't blow me away. 569Euro is the lowest I can seem to find btw, if any fellow europeans can point me to a better deal, I'd appreciate it. 

Budget?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">K-Line Truxton, Heritage H535, G&amp;L Legacy</div>

Comment

• Mad Tele
      Mad Tele commented
      Editing a comment

not a strat but i have a 60s classic tele and its right up there in quality as my 52RI.   Ive got novack pickups in it. for cheap you cant go wrong with the 57/62 avri strat pickups. 

The 60s Strat is a nice guitar. Can't beat the CS69 pickups for Hendrixy tones without breaking the bank. Plus, it comes in cool colors.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

• docjeffrey
      docjeffrey commented
      Editing a comment

Wildwood has this used Thinskin '59 (pretty much 60's specs) for $1100. If that's too much for the budget, the Classic Series might be perfect.

se05923\_lg1.jpg

Attached Files

• Tone Deaf
      Tone Deaf commented
      Editing a comment

reverberlayed wrote:
      The 60s Strat is a nice guitar. Can't beat the CS69 pickups for Hendrixy tones without breaking the bank. Plus, it comes in cool colors.

I think we may be confusing the Classic Series '60s Strat and the Classic Players '60s Strat in this tread.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Classic Series '60s comes with "Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat

thom wrote:

60s specs, and as 'vintage correct' as I can afford...

Slightly off topic:  Ummm... What the hell happened with that "SG lust" you had about 2 or 3 months ago?    shucks

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X