Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Let's talk about a new(er) car for me

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get some advice/ideas. I am currently driving a 2007 subaru forester. I like the idea of selling high so i have decided to sell/trade in my car and get something newer so that i don't have to worry about any major repairs anytime soon.

I do like the safety/reliability of my subaru. Also the fact that it is amazing in the snow.

I test drove a subaru crosstrek and was pretty un-impressed. I will most likely end up going with a 2012-2013 forester but another part of me wants something more fun/sporty. Test drove a challenger and while it was fun the sight lines were horrible and it would probably kill me insurance wise.

I do live in the northeast so i would like something that's good in bad weather but at the same time another side of me just wants something super fun to drive. Is there something in the middle? I figure with the cash i get for my car via private sale i can probably afford about 21-22k TOPS. I have no issue buying slightly used. 

Name me some cars/models that i should look into. I have thought of Audi and Saab a bit... but with these i would need to get something with 40-50k miles. Which for me is a bit risky. Ideally i'd like something with low miles on it. 10-20k

<div class="signaturecontainer">Originally posted by fu2jobu<br><br><br><br>&quot;1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. &quot;<br></div><br><br>FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)<br><br>http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782<br>

If I was to buy a new(er) car today, it would be the Honda Crosstour. I also live in the northeast, and I drive an Outback. Practical and safe now that I have kids, but I miss the sportiness of the Accord V6 Coupe that I used to drive. This is kinda the best of both worlds, IMO.

Exterior Photo of 2013 Honda Crosstour

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

Chimi, Chimi, Chimi... You are going to buy a new vehicle but won't spend more than $350 on a used axe?  C'mon dude, get your priorities straight!  :smiley-bounce022:

Working...
X