Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAS'ers and Gearheads...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out! EG goes viral. At work, will listen when I get home.
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
    Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

• It's not me. Some local band, but they tore it up.

I wish I coulda got more of the drummer. That guys is lights out.

EG
      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• So, Brent Krueger...

I wonder if we're related. My legal last name (though I actually am known in real life as "Krashpad" probably by many more people than who know my real name) is Kruger, and at one point the family spelt it "Krueger" (there was a big schism over "simplifying" it for the US by removing the "extra" "E").

Another BK!
        Visit Crash Pad at:
        http://CrashPadBand.com
        CONSUME!:
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
        Gear List/Pics:
        https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

• Wow - I started a regular amp controversy around my amp choices. I'm so pleased. I feel in a small way I have arrived. So...Let me lay the controversy to bed. In this case Bob was right. I played the Crate Vintage Club 30 this morning. I put money down on it, and plan on trading in the Valveking. The Mustang will not go, cause it is so damn versatile. The HV30 is not going anywhere, cause it's just such a great amp, and almost as versatile as the Mustang. That leaves the VK. Ken is right - the VK has a very nice clean. But the lead channel has a harshness to it - even after re-tubing and a couple other tricks. The retubing of the preamp section really helped the amp, but there is always that harshness in the lead channel that I can just not get around. It is a good amp for the money - but I plan on trading Sunday or Monday. I'm a bit upside down on the cash in to the deal - but think I can narrow it when I get with the Owner/Mgr again.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
          My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• I agree with Damon that its better than the ValveKing, but there is no way NO WAY the Mustang II is better than the Valveking!

With the Mustang series it's all in the software imho.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

MY MUSIC:
            My Music Sampler

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• Woody, if I lived closer I'd consider buying the VK off of you. Those are nice amps.

Comment

• Woody, if I lived closer I'd consider buying the VK off of you. Those are nice amps.

they got one at the local M&P i'm SERIOUSLY contemplating... i didn't know you could cut the wattage
                GUITARS:
                Fender MIM Standard Strat
                Hand Made SG Replica
                Epiphone DOT Studio
                Westbury Standard
                Cort X-5
                New Dawn Signature Prototype
                Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
                Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
                AMPS:
                Crate VC3112
                Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

• PK - Yeah the cost of shipping can kill an amp deal. In general I try to make deals locally on amps because of the shipping cost.

The VK's are nice amps for the money. They do a lot of things well - but don't really excel at any. But to my ears there is still that abrasive quality in the lead channel. Maybe if I replaced the power tubes, or maybe the speaker that would disappear - but I've already done a fair amount of tweaking, and the harshness gets in the way of me totally bonding with the VK. I have bonded with HV30. It got the Saturn star of apprval when I jammed w/ him this afternoon.

MY MUSIC:
                  My Music Sampler

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• I knew you wouldnt get rid of your Mustang Woody.. That was a given. Had to jab ya though! Bob reminded me about other worldly views in the process!
                    You should click here... Do it.

Comment

• Hi Ken

Yeah the Mustang II is close to a do it all amp. It is a bit synthetic but a lot of that can be disguised in the software.

Do you know if some years are more reliable than others? This one is 1998 as I recall.

MY MUSIC:
                      My Music Sampler

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• Hi Ken

Yeah the Mustang II is close to a do it all amp. It is a bit synthetic but a lot of that can be disguised in the software.

Do you know if some years are more reliable than others? This one is 1998 as I recall.

Hi Woody. Thats a good question., I dont know the answer to that. Damon hasnt had any problems. I local friend here hasnt had any problems.. I have had minor issues with both of mine... go figure... If you run into a problem a try to tackle it yourself.. I can help. I did notice that this one I have now has a different manufacturer of on board capacitors.. (not electrolytic...) So hopefully there is a change in reliability....

Comment

• It's too bad I don't need a powerhouse map otherwise I'd be interested in your VK. Watching the video, it seems it can do/be anything.

Comment

• X - Yes. The VK does everything pretty well - just doesn't really excel in any. The lead has a harsh quality - I am liking more of a Marshally/Voxy tone.

MY MUSIC:
                            My Music Sampler

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• I scored a ebay auction and I got a couple of vintage tubes delivered to me today. They are Ken-Rad and supposedly from 1949. I haven't decided which amp to try them out in.

Notice the "D" getter on the top and the Ladder long plate. These are supposed to have great harmonics and earlier breakup.

Comment

• cool X!

Comment

Working...
                                X