Compact multi-effector for the loop of a SuperEgo?

iodine74

• Members

Looking for a reasonably compact multi effector to put in the loop of my SuperEgo (instead of my MagicStomp)... thinking maybe Zoom CDR, or something from their multistomp series. Just don't want to spend a ton... and actually kinda want to find a way to use the $150 gift cert that i've had from sweetwater for way too long. Would be cool if it'd work in the context of my regular board as well (ie, NOT in the SE loop) if I decide to go SE-less.

If i don't go with the zoom, guess I'll throw that 150 at either a power supply of some type, or a soul food or something... don't know.

A Line 6 M9 is great in the SuperEgo's loop, but I suspect you want something smaller and less expensive. I'm not up to date on all the latest low-end / affordable multieffect offerings so I can't really help you there, but whatever you get wouldn't be too hard to switch out of the SE's loop and into the rest of your chain with the right switching pedal(s).

• Members

I used an old Korg Pandora 3 in the diy'd loop of a malekko delay - presets but no stomp switches. The zoom is probably a similar size. 3rd-up pitch shifting was fab, but too much feedback in the loop caused the pandora to re-boot, which was weird.

• Members

It's probably best to get the Zoom MS100-BT as that would enable you to download almost all of the Multistomp algorithms. However, some of the more interesting effects need to be purchased at an additional cost.

The Multistomp pedals allow multiple effects to be used simultaneously, which isn't possible with a Magicstomp or some of the Line 6 units.

• Members

Epitome would be cool, but I want to make sure I've got Trem too. Here's what I can do with the MagicStomp.

[video=youtube;IcIeXHrU6Cg]

I did a little looking and Zoom has a new cheapy small box G1onX (http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/g1on) that runs the multistomp type effects that you can chain together and includes an expression pedal, which is great to have in the in the loop to act as a mixer as you can see in my vid above. So I'm thinking of maybe going that route and just saying screw it to worrying about it in my main path as well.

• Members
It's probably best to get the Zoom MS100-BT as that would enable you to download almost all of the Multistomp algorithms. However, some of the more interesting effects need to be purchased at an additional cost.

The Multistomp pedals allow multiple effects to be used simultaneously, which isn't possible with a Magicstomp or some of the Line 6 units.

That's the first one I thought of for the same reason. You can route a flanger into a phaser (great tamboura effect) or vise-versa. Very rarely does a pedal have this capability.

• Members
Epitome would be cool, but I want to make sure I've got Trem too. Here's what I can do with the MagicStomp.

[video=youtube;IcIeXHrU6Cg]

I did a little looking and Zoom has a new cheapy small box G1onX (http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/g1on) that runs the multistomp type effects that you can chain together and includes an expression pedal, which is great to have in the in the loop to act as a mixer as you can see in my vid above. So I'm thinking of maybe going that route and just saying screw it to worrying about it in my main path as well.

I've got a G1on and it certainly doesn't sound inferior to the Multistomp pedals.

• Members

I went with the CDR. I found an old thread where I'd listed out the models it had vs the BT I think. And the G1on would seem to have a similar set to the BT. Oh and I wasn't sure if I could DL those models (Space and Particle verb models... lots more delays as well) on the BT... so yeah, that's what I went with. We'll see how it goes. Luckily I already have an extra volume pedal to let it act as a mixer, so I can blend in the sustained sound.

• Members

Had it since Monday, have only messed with it in the loop for a couple days... and early on by itself for a couple days. Not so sure how I feel about it. Was hoping I'd be able to get some more extreme sounds out of it for the loop. On it's own I was able to get a couple that I liked. Was disappointed with the reverbs a little. I guess my Big Sky and the Magic Stomp have me spoiled.

Archived