Powering Digitech iStomp - Typical Boss Adapter?

iodine74

• Members

Got a couple of the iStomps back when they were on blowout and I'm trying to incorporate them into my board, but don't want to have to add 2 more wall warts, so I've got a couple questions if anyone has answers DigitechRep???

1) Can I power them with the typical negative tip boss adapter from my OneSpot in my normal chain?

If not... 2) Can i use a one-spot style daisy chain to power 2 pedals off one of the Digitech adapters

I've heard it's better to run digital pedals on their own supply, so maybe just running them with one adapter, but chained (the latter option above), is the better choice.

- Todd

• Members

I've done the iStomp on a One Spot chain fine, too. (Caveat, though, that this has been at home with pretty decently clean and steady mains voltage off a recently installed breaker box.) If I recall, the nominal current draw of the iStomp is like 100mA, so you could likely even daisy chain some less robust power supply than the One Spot in a pinch. I have read complaints that the supply that come with the iStomp is barely adequate and maybe noisy with some patches, but I've never used mine to verify this.

• Members

Thanks all, that saves me some headache. Really a fan of the SparkeDrive model. Have that loaded in one, and the Red Fuzz loaded in another (was really surprised about that, but I guess maybe it's because I'm just at bedroom volume that I like it), just wish I had a 3rd to load the EQ to let me color the Fuzz some.

• Members

The Polarity and current draw should be good for those pedals using a Boss and Danelectro are both zero hum adaptor. Spot ones can have some issues with certain pedals. especially on vintage pedals that have no additional filtering or current limiting. I'd check the One spot site for their recommendations. It should work but its always good to check. I have a couple of pedals like a Boss noise eliminator which is basically a gate/hush type pedal that wont work with a spot one. The pedal produces a distorted sound, likely for some ripple that gets through. The pedal works fine on a zero hum pedal so I just run that one independent. Having too many pedals and exceeding the 1.7A rating will make the pedals flake out too.

Archived