No announcement yet.

Snazzy FX Mini-Ark?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snazzy FX Mini-Ark?

So I ended up finding a Mini-Ark at a good price and couldn't pass it up. To be brief, its a totally crazy pedal and has a way different sound than any of the more tamed, conventional synth pedals like those from pigtronix, ehx, redwitch, etc.

Recently, I've been having some problems honing in the right input sensitivity to get the tracking dead on for a guitar signal. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about how to get the best tracking out of a synth pedal? Does anyone own one of these wacky devices that could offer some tips???

A lot of it is about the player's touch. I'm not familiar with that particular pedal, but a lot of guitar synth is about getting the sensitivity into the right range, and even more of it is about the player's consistency and touch after they have it dialed in.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
    X