Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Ibanez AD99 have true bypass?

These pedals are great bargains, I was wondering if they were true bypass....Chris
    www.chris-bianchi.com
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/chrisbianchi

Good question; don't know the answer. I got one recently and think it sounds fantastic.
    "i dont even know what a short bus is, isnt that a filter record?" Seifukusha

Comment

no they're not, are they ?
      great pedals for sure

Comment

I believe they can be modded by changing the footswitch. Mine sounds sweet.
        panta rhei

Comment

I've done some research, as these are the first pedals I bought WAY back when, and fell in love with them.

They are NOT true bypass, but I haven't noticed very much tone loss, even with three "99" series pedals hooked up in a row.

I recently found the AD99, along with the PH and FL, in MINT condition, with the boxes and manuals.
          I missed a smiliar situation on the RC99 by minutes!

So I'm on the lookout for the RC99 now, and then I'll be done.

Its a great slapback delay. Not alot of delay time, but very lush. I've actually kept it on for an entire gig before with the time very low as a reverb-ish tone thickner.
          Don't trust: Jbrazz, clementwave, madler or easyliver
          Don't Ship Guitars Media Mail

Comment

Yeah i can see that. True it won't do the self oscillation thing but it honestly SOUNDS better then my Dm-2, my Dm-3 or an AD-9 I had and sold. So why shell out the extra dough?
            "i dont even know what a short bus is, isnt that a filter record?" Seifukusha

Comment

Working...
            X