No announcement yet.

Danelectro contest : Dan Echo vs. "Reel" Tape Echo

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro contest : Dan Echo vs. "Reel" Tape Echo

So which one of these is actually overall better, and which one is the best deal for the money? I am really interested in these two pedals, and I am wondering if it is worth the extra money to get the Tape Reel, or I should just simply get the DanEcho, as many seem to love it.
    Cathedral Bells
    Ten and Six

Guitar: '78 Electra Omega Les Paul
    Effects: EHX HOG, Digitech Timebender,
    EHX Stereo Clone Theory, Mooer Pitchbox,
    Crybaby Classic, EQD Rainbow Machine,
    Line 6 DL4, T1M Mini-Stutta, Ernie Ball VP Jr.
    Amp: Fender Tweed Blues Jr. NOS

I prefer the Wasabi Forward/Reverse to either of these, primarily because of the flexibility. My second choice would be the Reel Echo, primarily because I like the sound quality of it more than the DanEcho or the Wasabi. The DanEcho would be my third choice, but it's still a helluva pedal.

I'll probably end up with all three.
    I WANNA ROSK!
    Support research for Crohn's disease: www.ccfa.org

"Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

CHEROKEE PRIDE

Comment

Anyone else?
      Cathedral Bells
      Ten and Six

Guitar: '78 Electra Omega Les Paul
      Effects: EHX HOG, Digitech Timebender,
      EHX Stereo Clone Theory, Mooer Pitchbox,
      Crybaby Classic, EQD Rainbow Machine,
      Line 6 DL4, T1M Mini-Stutta, Ernie Ball VP Jr.
      Amp: Fender Tweed Blues Jr. NOS

Comment

I'd probably say exactly what he said.

Though I do prefer the tone of the Dan-Echo and Reel a bit more than the Wasabi, I still think the wasabi is the most practical delay and it does sound great.

Comment

I have a Danecho I leave on all the time for a very subtle delay at the end of my chain. A faux reverb of sorts. It's a nice sounding pedal.

taco

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Nuccio
            I'd probably say exactly what he said.

Though I do prefer the tone of the Dan-Echo and Reel a bit more than the Wasabi, I still think the wasabi is the most practical delay and it does sound great.

I agree. The Wasabi is not the best-sounding of the three--just the most flexible.
            I WANNA ROSK!
            Support research for Crohn's disease: www.ccfa.org

"Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

CHEROKEE PRIDE

Comment

the Dan Echo is pretty amazing....It has become my delay of choice for soloing....I have a DD3 I use for more "specialized" or longer dealys....but the Dan Echo is just perfect....I love analog delays and this sounds very close and for the price - well, its simply in a class by itself, IMO.....My favorite pedal right now....

Comment

Originally posted by ZepFuzz05
                So which one of these is actually overall better, and which one is the best deal for the money? I am really interested in these two pedals, and I am wondering if it is worth the extra money to get the Tape Reel, or I should just simply get the DanEcho, as many seem to love it.

i have the same thought..
                Yeah, non-guitar playing friends don't care.
                But non-violin playing friends probably couldn't tell
                the difference between a Stradivarius and a Suzuki.
                That doesn't mean the differences aren't there, or that
                they don't matter to people who care about them.
                mr. sage

Comment

I have a Dan Echo and a Dano PB&J. I actually like the PB&J better.

Comment

Wht are the sizes of the Dan Echo and the Reel Echo? (I seem to recall a pic of the Dan Echo as a big, light blue thing...pedalboard pics for reference anyone?)
                    RECENT DEALS ck3 x2) Verence x3) RedsFan75, budkingston, atrox, Senor Limpio, ThudMaker, darkmonohue, vidiot72 x2) jthomas, fenderthrupeave, seveneyes, TheFantod -> 2011 sh333

NEOVIN 7 & TECH 21/SANSAMP BLONDE YOUTUBE DEMO

MY ROCK FILM trailer/DVD Amazon download page

MY RECORD CO: HGR Records--BEST UTAH METAL

GEARWIRE MVP Bio & fav HC links, My Bi-Monthly Review Column, 12-7

Comment

If you have to settle for Dano, the Dan Echo is the best sounding and most problem free of them. It's still a flimsy piece of **************** though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Cooley
                        If you have to settle for Dano....
                        I'm looking at the Carl Martin Red Repeat too, but reviews are sparse.
                        RECENT DEALS ck3 x2) Verence x3) RedsFan75, budkingston, atrox, Senor Limpio, ThudMaker, darkmonohue, vidiot72 x2) jthomas, fenderthrupeave, seveneyes, TheFantod -> 2011 sh333

NEOVIN 7 & TECH 21/SANSAMP BLONDE YOUTUBE DEMO

MY ROCK FILM trailer/DVD Amazon download page

MY RECORD CO: HGR Records--BEST UTAH METAL

GEARWIRE MVP Bio & fav HC links, My Bi-Monthly Review Column, 12-7

Comment

Originally posted by Chriss
                          I have a Dan Echo and a Dano PB&J. I actually like the PB&J better.

same here except i own neither, i have just played both.

stay away from the eggs and bacon slap back echo it sounds terrible.

Comment

The versatility of the Reel Echo is hard to beat. I'll never get rid of mine.

Comment

Visual Sound H2O!

Comment

Working...
                              X