Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to polish those hammond enclosures?

I am sure I've seen some pics around of polished or sand blasted enclosures. I want my loop pedal to be smooth aluminum instead of ugly aluminum

Anybody ideas, I haven't had much luck with regular sand paper
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="red"><b>[IN]</b></font><font color="darkblue"> Telecaster</font><br />
    <font color="red"><b>[OK] </b></font><font color="darkblue"> Gypsyfan, jkleeks, ugly steeple fear, Mister_Billion, Bloo, box handler, aussieguitarnut, Badmonkey, Speeddemon, VirtualToad. Sue me.</font><br />
    <font color="red"><b>[OUT]</b></font> <font color="darkblue">Nuttin'</font><br />
    </font></div>

try brasso

Comment

Sand with fine paper; wet sanding may work better. Clean thoroughly, possibly with alcohol. Clearcoat for the shine.
      --------------------------------------------------------------
      www.spenceramps.com

Comment

Talk to Bruno.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;The everyday practice is simply to develop a complete acceptance and openness to all situations and emotions, and to all people, experiencing everything totally without mental reservations and blockages, so that one never withdraws or centralizes into oneself. This produces a tremendous energy which usually is locked up in the process of mental evasion and a general running away from life experiences.&quot; --Dilgo Kyhentse, Rinpoche</font></div>

Comment

The bad thing about most aluminum enclosures is that they are made from a very low grade stock. They can be polished up to a point, and look very good, but not mirror like usually.

John

Comment

I've done a couple, and there are different techniques you would use to get a certain look.
            Death Head

They never come out perfect.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Marcus Dahl<br />
            <br />
            <div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

<i>Originally posted by jcn37203 </i><br />
            <b>Never underestimate the power of a disemboweled animal in the mailbox. </b>

</div>
            </div>
            </div> </div>

Comment

wax on.
              wax off.

(snicker.)
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/monocityvibe" target="_blank"><font color="#333333">http://www.myspace.com/monocityvibe</font></a></font></div>

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer">Bob RIP 2005<br />
                <br />
                Tommy RIP 2006<br />
                <br />
                <font size="6">-----------------------</font><br />
                <font face="Comic Sans MS">FOR SALE:</font><br />
                <br />
                New in box AD-9 first $100 takes her home. <font size="7">Will trade for Golden Cello</font><br />
                <br />
                Gonkalator 137.26<br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <font face="Arial Black">Modified Chandler Stereo Digital Echo (hate to sell this!) -----&gt; $400.00</font></div>

Comment

This is polished to a chrome-like finish, except that it was not sanded first to eliminate the blemishes in the casting...

It was done, I believe, with standard metal-polishing equipment; which is, I assume, a big, cloth polishing wheel (mounted on a bench grinder) using polishing compound (powdery stuff).

If a person were to properly sand the box first, I do believe it could be buffed to a virtually flawless, mirrorlike finish. I've seen a Zvex nano amp that was just so.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;The everyday practice is simply to develop a complete acceptance and openness to all situations and emotions, and to all people, experiencing everything totally without mental reservations and blockages, so that one never withdraws or centralizes into oneself. This produces a tremendous energy which usually is locked up in the process of mental evasion and a general running away from life experiences.&quot; --Dilgo Kyhentse, Rinpoche</font></div>

Comment

<br />
                    Tommy RIP 2006<br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    New in box AD-9 first $100 takes her home. <font size="7">Will trade for Golden Cello</font><br />
                    <br />
                    Gonkalator 137.26<br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <font face="Arial Black">Modified Chandler Stereo Digital Echo (hate to sell this!) -----&gt; $400.00</font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by The Gainster

doh!
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="red"><b>[IN]</b></font><font color="darkblue"> Telecaster</font><br />
                      <font color="red"><b>[OK] </b></font><font color="darkblue"> Gypsyfan, jkleeks, ugly steeple fear, Mister_Billion, Bloo, box handler, aussieguitarnut, Badmonkey, Speeddemon, VirtualToad. Sue me.</font><br />
                      <font color="red"><b>[OUT]</b></font> <font color="darkblue">Nuttin'</font><br />
                      </font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by LongJohnny
                        The bad thing about most aluminum enclosures is that they are made from a very low grade stock. They can be polished up to a point, and look very good, but not mirror like usually.

John

I know I don't need a mirror, I just want the enclosure to look a lot better then it does now
                        </font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by The Gainster

Great job on that Korg!

<div class="signaturecontainer">I'll say kick it, and you just kick it with a tasty groove.</div>

Comment

Originally posted by mofx4me

Great job on that Korg!

This is what the Korg looked like when I got it smatass!!!

Who's laughin' now??????
                            <br />
                            Tommy RIP 2006<br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            Gonkalator 137.26<br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />

Comment

I am
                              </font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X