Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on painting my BYOC

Ive ordered the BYOC 250+ and was wondering what kinda paint you guys use to paint yours?? I imagine it would be best to paint the casing first before assembling the pedal? Also, how do yous get the graphics and lettering on the pedal? some of the ones on here look awesome!

Im all ears for any advice to make my pedal look good!
    Guitar: PRS Tremonti SE (with EMG's), Fender Baja Telecaster, Epiphone Black Beauty, Epiphone Dot, Tanglewood TW15N.

Bass: Spector NS-2J, Spector Legend 5, Fender Jazz Bass (MIM), Fender Precision (MIJ).

Pedals: Boss TU-2 > EHX POG2 > Ibanez TS-9 > Way Huge Swollen Pickle > Boss PH-3 > MXR Stereo Chorus > Boss RT-20 > Empress Tremolo > MXR Carbon Copy > TC Electronic Nova Repeater > TC Electronic Hall of Fame

I use Laquer paint.

Sand the case smooth.
    A few LIGHT coats of primer, wet sand between with wet or dry sandpaper.
    A few LIGHT coats of color , wet sand between with wet or dry sandpaper.
    A few LIGHT coats of clear.

Let the coats dry in between.

You can't paint when it's humid, too cold or too hot.
    Do you think the fast that I demand this day is to bow down your head like a bulrush? No! The fast I demand is that you feed the poor, house the homeless, clothe the naked, and break off the handcuffs on your prisoners. - Isaiah

Comment

Gil nailed it.

Makes sure you drill the holes first, too.

Lots of guys have used bumper sticker type vinyl for graphics, I think you can even get stuff that you can run through your printer now.

Comment

Thanks Gil1 exactly what i needed to know
        Guitar: PRS Tremonti SE (with EMG's), Fender Baja Telecaster, Epiphone Black Beauty, Epiphone Dot, Tanglewood TW15N.

Bass: Spector NS-2J, Spector Legend 5, Fender Jazz Bass (MIM), Fender Precision (MIJ).

Pedals: Boss TU-2 > EHX POG2 > Ibanez TS-9 > Way Huge Swollen Pickle > Boss PH-3 > MXR Stereo Chorus > Boss RT-20 > Empress Tremolo > MXR Carbon Copy > TC Electronic Nova Repeater > TC Electronic Hall of Fame

Comment

I use Laquer paint.

Sand the case smooth.

suggestion of grit would be sweet too
          Oº'I'm not your villain, Not your adversary,I'm not your reason to crack and divide. - Ian

GEAR:Marshall 1960a, Fender Silverface Vibrolux 2x10, Red Bear Cub 50, JMP-1-> Marshall 9200. Squier Super Sonic, Fender Tele Custom RI.
          ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [START]
          'if none of that sounds familiar, think of a super distorted chainsaw jacking off on a ghost.'

Originally Posted by kittycaster

I'm stacking two Strobostomps for better intonation.

Oº'

Comment

Steel wool works really well instead of sandpaper too. It almost gives it a polished quality, depending on the level on steel wool you use.

Comment

I use Laquer paint.

Sand the case smooth.

Yes
              Yes
              Yes
              god bless us everyone....uhgggg wait thats tiny tim i'm BIG TIM dammit

Gibson L.P. studio+
              Brian Moore i9i
              Peavy Valveking
              Peavy 412 x 2

Out front... >TU-2>BYOC Ulti Fuzz>BD-2>MT-2>Byoc Large Beaver>amp
              The loop... >Small clone>Byoc Delay> Sonic Max>

FOR SALE:
              B.C. Rich Plat Warlock bass w/matching case mint
              Alesis Quadrasyth + w/SKB rolling case v. good
              Rocktron HUsh v. good
              P.M. for details........

Comment