No announcement yet.

Timeline or Big Box DMM & Headrush 2

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline or Big Box DMM & Headrush 2

Pretty simple. What would be your preference? Assuming I could get either for roughly the same amount of cash.

Obviously the feature set of the timeline would be light years ahead of the combination, but I think the other two would probably be as much as i'd need. As interesting and extensive as the Timeline demos are, it might be overkill for me.

Whats the deal with the Midi on the Timeline. Could it have create any cool options or interactions with an M5?

Is the looper on the timeline particularly good. I love the E1 looper, which is why im thinking about the upgrade.

Finally i'm thinking the two together will hold their value longer than a Timeline, unless an E3 comes out anytime soon. In which case I could try and pick up a Timeline later on if the combo doesnt take. Or am I wrong about that too.

Thanks.
    Saint Angel Sigh, Easier to Die - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mRLAkTf_KM

DMM all the way. If you had to choose.

Comment

You said timeline seems like over kill and you wouldn't use/need all the modes. You don't need midi, and unsure about the looper.

I feel like, you know what you want.

Personally, I like reverse delay.
      Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

Digitech Timebender. On sale at Zzounds for $150.. Buy it now, don't delay! hahahahahahaha

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTTIMEBENDER
        This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575
          View Post

I feel like, you know what you want.

Maybe, but I'm genuinely interested to see what other people might go for.

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575
          View Post

Personally, I like reverse delay.

Me too, I'll still have my SMMH for getting some more out of hand stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me
          View Post

Digitech Timebender. On sale at Zzounds for $150.. Buy it now, don't delay! hahahahahahaha

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTTIMEBENDER

Thanks LSD. I was looking at these from the thread the other week and they definitely seem pretty interesting. But I couldn't see that being as long a term delay solution as I'm planning here.

Comment

As much as the DMM sounds great. It has a short delay time, takes up a lot of board space and doesn't have tap.
            Guitars: 2008 Les Paul Classic Antique, 2004 ES-333Amps: Mesa/Boogie Mark V, Mesa/Boogie LSSPedals: DIY Dual Boost, EB Volume, Timmy, Green Rhino, Riot, Supa-Puss, El-Cap, M9, Timeline, Space

Comment

Definitely considerations. Although I'm more a fan of short delays. I don't know how people can do anything with much over three seconds if i'm honest.

Comment

Hmmm i've had the smmwh and a timeline.

Reverse on the timeline is better (IMHO). Reverse was my favorite mode. Plus you have the fx loop in the timeline.

If money is no object and I can get a midi controller (like the dmc) for the timeline to use the looper. I'd go timeline

If I'm not buying the timeline's extra controller for the looper, I'd go the smmwh.

Edit: i mean the controller so I could access reverse play back and 1/2 speed on the timeline.

The looper on the timeline isn't anything to write home about.

How about a deluxe pitch pirate and a stereo jamman.
                Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by rtparrott
                  View Post

Definitely considerations. Although I'm more a fan of short delays. I don't know how people can do anything with much over three seconds if i'm honest.

"three seconds" is a really long delay

Comment

Timeline is the onliest delay pedal one could ever need.
                    AnalogMan Sundial Sunface White Dot NKT-275 - $350
                    Pefftronics Super Rand-o-Matic - $350
                    LS Effects Brown Note - $150

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever
                      View Post

Yes I agree. And its as long as the SMMH and E1 will go. But then I get the Hardwire a couple of months ago and it has 8 seconds. No idea what to do with that?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever
                        View Post

Yes I agree. And its as long as the SMMH and E1 will go. But then I get the Hardwire a couple of months ago and it has 8 seconds. No idea what to do with that?

Comment

Not sure if double post, or funny man??

Comment

I don't really know why is the E2 so popular, with 8, or 16 seconds of looping time it looks pretty useless to me, only useful to loop noise or boring blues.

Not voting because I'd go for some other combos for about $450

Good deals lonk

Comment

i never really looked at that timebender, thats a pretty slick delay. i wonder how the sound is though.

alot of cool features there...
                              OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
                              X