Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFPD

SuperFuzz

Attached Files

Hey look, a pedal thread! Congrats. I'd like to try one someday.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

Nice! HNPD!

Comment

• thom
        thom commented
        Editing a comment

Cheers!

Just tried it next to my FZ-2 btw. 

The Wattson is definatelly a true Superfuzz, at least based on recordings I know where a vintage superfuzz was used on. If I kick it's ass with some overdrive or distortion before or after it, it actually sounds pretty awesome and out of control instead of just 'authentic'. Probably a bit too noisy for most occasions though, but a HELL of a lot of fun to mess with at home. And obviously, the big ass enclusure oozes with mojo. 

The FZ-2 is like a superfuzz with bigger balls. More low end, more oomph, more nasty insane doomy vacuum cleaner apocalypse -like Less octave up tones though. 

As much as I'm diggin the Wattson, if I had to choose one of the two, the FZ-2 would work best for the stuff I'm playing nowadays. Don't expect to see the FY-6 in any spam threads just yet, it's just too gnarly not  to keep. 

Working...
    X