X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a crap-load of help

I own a digitech rp-7 and the switches are going bad, I have recently found out why they are called stomp boxes, it's because you have to stomp them to death for it to work. Anyways, I need some walkthrough advice for replacing the switches. Thank you in advance
    Big rocks got stacked on top of each other. Is this proof of alien life? Yes it is

Why not just send it back to DigiTech and let them replace the switches? It would be less hassle and work on your part. I'm not sure what they'd charge you for it, but IMO, it would at least be worth it to look into it.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• Alexilaiho
      Alexilaiho commented
      Editing a comment
      Because I'm proficient with soldering, and this model is discontinued

Short answer... get another one from ebay

Long answer... You can change the switches to momentary switches, but you will need to figure out how to wire it up to the  PCB.  I dont think this is a common mod, and you wont have a lot of documentation on it.

******For Sale*******<br><br>ZVEX SHO<br>Danelctro Cool Cat Chorus<br><br><br>http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Effects/ZVEX-EQD-Tremolo-midi-pedal-etc/m-p/35322845#U35322845

Comment

Personally I'd chuck the thing and get something a little more modern. From what I remember, the RP-3/5/7/10/12 etc are pretty sub-standard in comparison to modern day multis.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• Shine-ei
        Shine-ei commented
        Editing a comment

one must never "chuck" a pedal 

• Alexilaiho
        Alexilaiho commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not going to chuck it because it sounds really good, but do they make a four contact pin switch like the ones on the big muff fuzz pedal

If there micro switches only spray clean them,i used deoxit for a digitech pedal.
      If its a true button stomp switch take a picture and solder the new one exactly the same,switches are on e-bay .

Comment

Working...
      X