X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tronical Tuners Update

I got my tuners in last week, and after a night of pluging the larger Grover tuner holes with dowel and then meticulously drilling them out to the smaller vintage sized holes, I installed the tuner set only to find that they were defective.

I contacted Tronical and they were good about sending me a new set. Took about 10 days to get the new set.

I installed them in about 10-20 minutes. It took me a bit of extra time to put the strings on and figure out the correct way to run the unit, but now it is on it works like a charm. Press the button, strum all the strings, strum once more, everything is in tune and the unit turns off.

Excellent!

WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Did you take pics of the process?  

Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

• TomVanDeven
      TomVanDeven commented
      Editing a comment

PICS MAN

CMON

TL;DR or wat?

R U saying one can purchase robotic tuners? R they locking? How much?? So far Sperzels are my fave a three year old could restring them they stay in tune and look swell especially the frosted silver tuning heads matching my silver burst strat with SRV neck n fralins.

Comment

• Player99
      Player99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you can buy them from Tronical Tuners.

They are $300

They make them to fit most guitars, electric and acoustics.

They are locking.

12 preset tunings, 6 custom spots for your own tunings.

N black graphtech saddles ......

Comment

Player99 wrote:

I got my tuners in last week, and after a night of pluging the larger Grover tuner holes with dowel and then meticulously drilling them out to the smaller vintage sized holes, I installed the tuner set only to find that they were defective.

I contacted Tronical and they were good about sending me a new set. Took about 10 days to get the new set.

I installed them in about 10-20 minutes. It took me a bit of extra time to put the strings on and figure out the correct way to run the unit, but now it is on it works like a charm. Press the button, strum all the strings, strum once more, everything is in tune and the unit turns off.

Excellent!

my sg likes to neck dive, will this unit help to prevent that?

{O,O}
      (__(\
      " "

Comment

• Player99
        Player99 commented
        Editing a comment

Turd Furgison wrote:

Player99 wrote:

Excellent!

my sg likes to neck dive, will this unit help to prevent that?

they will help a lot with that. Built in laser jet packs keep the neck at the optimal height.

The set with battery is slightly less weight than a set of grovers.

Its worth it, i bet they jacked up price cuz they know u will want to put them on each guitar if u like them.

Stuff is usually sucky, buggy and 5x the real price when its first released imo. I got an early iPod things a POS but it cost $$$500.00 new!!!!!

Comment

• Player99
        Player99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have say, my guitar has never been in such good tune. It is so quick, takes about 5-20 seconds, then it shuts off on its own. There is a calibration process I have not done yet so it may get more efficient.

Working...
    X