Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big box Qtron+......

.....has a great sounding preamp! The effects loop is very cool, been using my Ravish, DEM and DOD EQ in there with great results! This is going to be a great addition to my board. HNPD.

Congrats! I used mine recently with a distortion in the loop. Got this great warbly guttural sound when I attacked the strings hard. Otherwise, it was clean, and the distortion in the loop wouldn't trigger.
    —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Haven't tried my Yellow Drive in the loop yet, been using it right after the Qtron....so you can't hear the filter with it in the loop?

Comment

• Texas Noise Factory
        Editing a comment
        Not using the setting I had it on.. May have also had to do with the output level of the pickups, or the output level of the pedal in front of it too.

I'll have to try some dirt in the loop to see .....my DEM and Ravish together sound amazing in the loop.

Comment

I didn't have any issues with dirt in the loop....l love the tone of the preamp with the gain up and the filter dialed way back in mix mode, just a hint of sweep and some grind.... Tasty pedal.

Comment

I have a clean OD in the loop of mine.  Makes it sound punchier and a little thicker when it's engaged. 

The qtron+ is definitely a fun pedal.  It works better with your guitar's volume dimed.

Comment

I always leave the boost on (activating the preamp) plenty of punch and clarity.

Comment

I put my Flanger Hoax in the loop today, nuts!

Comment

• RoboPimp
                RoboPimp commented
                Editing a comment
                its the only way to deal with the volume boost

I put a compressor after in to tame the peaks

Comment

• macadood
                macadood commented
                Editing a comment

damn sons. a nice xo qtron+ came up on the CL here the other week for like $100. seems like a great deal on a kick ass pedal. but i'm trying to downsize would fit great on my ehx board though

So many subtle envelope sounds in mix mode tweaking the peak and gain knobs... Dig very much.

Comment

I like that idea! I got the Flanger Hoax doing its insane oscillation thing in the loop today, the neighbors must hate me.

Comment

Working...
                X