Question about loopers

mbengs1

• Members

If you record guitar with a loop station like the boss RC-3, you can use your guitar amp to play the guitar loops. but if you record a bassline, do you have to plug into a bass amp too? and will playing the loop with the bass added destroy the guitar amp? i assume not and it was designed with this situation in mind. 

• Members

I've done this in the past with my RC-3. Or even just using a POG2  for one or two octaves down sounds, it just plays through my normal guitar amp (blues jr tweed with 12" speaker). While I imagine it's not too good for the amp I don't think it'll do much damage unless you are really cranking it and for extended periods of time.

ymmv :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It works for me, I use the following: Zoom G3X guitar effects pedal which also has a looper and a Roland PM 30 amp (normally for e-drums). The G3X or G3, has a real cool looper, I believe it is the only model that also allows you to loop its in built drums patterns. So I lay down the rhythm with a fender strat on top of a drum pattern, then add the bass with a fender jazz copy, and then solo over the top. The G3X allows you to get the right sound for the guitar you are using, and the bass sounds great too. Also it is possible to download a patch for the GX which can change the sound of a guitar to a bass, although, it

Archived