No announcement yet.

diy amp kit

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diy amp kit

anybody know of super low watt, easy to build (relatively cheap builds) schematic for a tube amp? something like the firefly or zvex thing? my brother and i are kinda getting into this just for fun and itd be cool to have a couple of extra different sounding low watt amps. something american sounding with some saggy drive if yall knows bout it

fapadelic

Build a 5E3 or a Supro Thunderbolt... both are stupidly easy to build and sound great. It is also easy to source all of the necessary parts.
    When I Play Pedal Company: ElectroAudioDestructors.com

Comment

• dkonesky
      dkonesky commented
      Editing a comment

awesome! preciate it!

dkonesky wrote:

anybody know of super low watt, easy to build (relatively cheap builds) schematic for a tube amp? something like the firefly or zvex thing? my brother and i are kinda getting into this just for fun and itd be cool to have a couple of extra different sounding low watt amps. something american sounding with some saggy drive if yall knows bout it

Talk to Rich at Guytronix. Great guy, cool kits, easy to build... definitely recommended.

http://www.guytronix.com/

The Gilmore Jr is 1/2W - 2W, depending on options and configuration. You can swap from one to the other in a matter of a few seconds...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks!
      fapadelic

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
        Phil O'Keefe commented
        Editing a comment

You're welcome.

Working...
    X