2X 8 ohm Speakers cabinet

catscurlyear

• Members
Nope. You can get basically 4 (parallel) or 16 (series). Unless you want to disconnect one of the speakers entirely.

thanks for your reply ,i `ve wired it now to 16 ohm thanks and checked it with a multi meter it is reading 14 ohm for some reason but presume this is ok ? .. is it ok to run a 16 ohm cab using a valve heads 8ohm output ,i`ve heard in the past that is ok to do this but not vice a versa i.e . 16 ohm amp into 8 ohm cabinet . thanks

• Members

First of all, don't be thrown by it reading 14 ohms, this is normal. Secondly, that head has an impedance selector switch for 8 or 16 ohms. Switch it to 16 and you're good to go. If you wanted to run two 16 ohm cabs, you would switch it to 8.

Hope this helps.

• Members
First of all, don't be thrown by it reading 14 ohms, this is normal. Secondly, that head has an impedance selector switch for 8 or 16 ohms. Switch it to 16 and you're good to go. If you wanted to run two 16 ohm cabs, you would switch it to 8.

Hope this helps.

thanks for taking the time to help

• Members

Yeah your "DC resistance" reading off a meter will always be a tad lower than the actual impedance. An 8 ohm speaker might read something like 6.8.....a 4 ohm might read 3.2 etc......I don't know why. Something to do with the difference between impedance and resistance.

Archived