Has anybody owned/played an ORIGINAL Bogner Triple Giant?

Cougar Hunter

• Members

I owned one for a while. I'd place the tone somewhere between the Cameron Jose I owned and my Larry Dino 939. Still, nothing lives up to my Dumble ODS with my Haunting Mids fuzz (#47).

Seriously though, I'd love to actually hear one at some point, but I fear that the tone lies in the hype.

• Members

I owned one for a while. I'd place the tone somewhere between the Cameron Jose I owned and my Larry Dino 939. Still, nothing lives up to my Dumble ODS with my Haunting Mids fuzz (#47).

Seriously though, I'd love to actually hear one at some point, but I fear that the tone lies in the hype.

I'm guessing it doesn't sound all that different from a Fish.:confused::confused:

I prob don't need this, do I?

• Members

apparently my uncle had one at one point (he used to play in Ugly Kid Joe) but unfortunately he sold it long before i had any interest in guitar

he says that he likes his vht stuff a lot better
:idk:

no fuckin way. that's awesome. UKJ was HUGE for a while:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

I had one several years ago, a Fish, and a modded Hafler. I preferred the Fish. The Triple giant was nice, but the cleans were very sterile. The Lead Channel was not as organic as the Fish, more comporessed sounding. I actually preferred the Hafler, after it was heavily modded by Lee Jackson. Sold all of them years ago. Have not played the Fish reissue yet. My Landgraff modded Engl 520 I prefer over any preamp I have heard, played, or owned.

• 4 years later...
  • Members
I have one listed currently on the PHX Craigslist.

Easy to find if you search for it, some pics which may be of interest.

This is #11.

Mike

Since this thread is nearly five years old, I don't know how much interest there might be.

Archived