OT: German Beer w/ Monk on the label

jenksdrummer

• Members

Franziskaner, Paulaner, and Erdinger are all amazing beers and completely stomp anything produced on this side of the pond.

Welp, we need to drink together. Those are my three most favorite beers evar. God damn.

You have taste sir.

I cant think of the word for it, Reinschaltzerwiesserfeffen??? but the law germany passed in the 1500s that say what's allowed to go into beer. So all beer from Germany is pure, with no crazy chemicals. Unlike bull{censored} ass american piss which, like cigarettes, has thousands of nasty chems in it. Formaldehyde anyone???

• Members

Welp, we need to drink together. Those are my three most favorite beers evar. God damn.

You have taste sir.

I cant think of the word for it, Reinschaltzerwiesserfeffen??? but the law germany passed in the 1500s that say what's allowed to go into beer. So all beer from Germany is pure, with no crazy chemicals. Unlike bull{censored} ass american piss which, like cigarettes, has thousands of nasty chems in it. Formaldehyde anyone???

german purity laws for the motehr{censored}ing win.

i love me some warsteiner dunkel.

• Members

You have taste sir.

Reinheitsgebot :thu:

• Members

You have taste sir.

I don't know how to spell it, but phonetically it is rhine'hines'keboot. Yes, pure as the driven snow and delicious beyond compare.

Our local German societies Oktoberfest is coming up in two weekends and they have Paulaner and Erdinger on tap for $3 a pint. I can't buy it that cheaply at the party store. Needless to say, there are about 5000 drunk ass mofo's during that weekend. The fall is my favorite time of the year, I love munching on some sour apples with a pint of weissbier. :thu:

• Members

Our local German societies Oktoberfest is coming up in two weekends and they have Paulaner and Erdinger on tap for $3 a pint. I can't buy it that cheaply at the party store.

Our Summer Germanfest has Kostritzer and Bitburger.

not bad for a park festival, but I wish it was $3 a pint. :eek::eek:

• Members

Not sure which piss you drank, but there are a number of American microbrews which adhere to Rheinheitsgebot. However, it's possible to brew fine beer that violates it, and mediocre beer which meets the standard.

Also, not all German brewers are happy with it's limitations.

Small German brewer fights Rheinheitsgebot

The German Reinheitsgebot - why it's a load of old bollocks

http://www.xs4all.nl/~patto1ro/reinheit.htm

Archived