Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Windsor info and opinions needed.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Windsor info and opinions needed.

i was considering trading the ole hot rod deluxe for something id occasionally use. theres a couple windsors available locally for relatively cheap.

from what ive heard sort of a jcm800 type of amp?

i plan on going to check one out tomorrow but was wondering what people think of it, any issues, etc.

i generally use a decent amount of gain but dont like using metal tones.

thanks.

i was considering trading the ole hot rod deluxe for something id occasionally use. theres a couple windsors available locally for relatively cheap.

from what ive heard sort of a jcm800 type of amp?

i plan on going to check one out tomorrow but was wondering what people think of it, any issues, etc.

i generally use a decent amount of gain but dont like using metal tones.

thanks.

they're kinda like a jcm800 in that it's a single channel rock amp, but it's not a clone or anything.
    If you like Peavey amps, you'd probably like the Windsor. Nothing mind-blowing though.
    Personally, I use it as a base for my pedalboard. Crank the MV, use gain knob to adjust volume.
    GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

they're kinda like a jcm800 in that it's a single channel rock amp, but it's not a clone or anything.
      If you like Peavey amps, you'd probably like the Windsor. Nothing mind-blowing though.
      Personally, I use it as a base for my pedalboard. Crank the MV, use gain knob to adjust volume.

cool, thanks for the info.

i was pedalboard retarded for a long time and still have some nice dirt pedals but these days im really trying to stay away from pedal gain. id be using this for its own gain, probably boosted if necessary.

Comment

cool, thanks for the info.

i was pedalboard retarded for a long time and still have some nice dirt pedals but these days im really trying to stay away from pedal gain. id be using this for its own gain, probably boosted if necessary.

It'll do the job, I would definitely recommend trying it if possibly before buying. This amp really seems to send folks in either the like or extreme dislike direction.
        GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

Comment

yup, theres a couple for sale locally. i plan on trying one tomorrow. just trying to get some info.

Comment

I'll throw in the usual....
            at this price range laney pro tube, or aor. Or peavey vtm.
            More betterer amps....
            The artist formerly known as ConcreteVampire...

Comment

i was considering trading the ole hot rod deluxe for something id occasionally use.

It's a decent amp, but I'd think your Hot Rod Deluxe is worth more, so if you're gonna swap, at least ask for some cash in addition to the Windsor.

I agree that you should play one first, they aren't for everyone. They have a decent AMOUNT of gain, but the gain structure leaves something to be desired in my opinion. I've found that they are fine for just banging on power chords, but if you have really good chops the amp will have a hard time articulating really fast, technical runs. That's been my experience with my Windsor.
              Amps:Framus Dragon, 5150, Mesa Mark IV, Mesa Triple Recto, FJA XXX, FJA PV RM -->Mesa 50/50, PV Ultra 120, FJA PV Penta, FJA DoubleCross, FJA Windsor, GK MLE Head, GK 2100SEL, Marshall 9100

Cabs:3 Marshall 1960B, 2 Avatar 2x15, 2 Laney 4x12's, Mesa Recto 4x12 & 1x12, various 2x12's

Good Trades With: Exocaster, ams2ek, Chrisman926, Digital Jams, thesplawnster, Soulcrusher_X, meadows.83, Vinhoff, John Busbee, rebornself27, MadCow, mincy, Guitarted, The Riffer, Keebz, guitarbilly74

Comment

From what I gather they're a good platform for modding if you're that way inclined. Main beef I've heard is that the cathodyne phase inverter isnt all that well designed which leads to all sorts of ugly when its overdriven.
                DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

More betterer amps....

peavey VTM craps all over the windsor.

+1 a bajillin on the VTM
                  - Adam

Comment

horrible IMO

Comment

peavey VTM craps all over the windsor.

+1 a bajillin on the VTM

I've got to say, between the two, I'd pick the VTM 14 times out of 10.

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

I've got to say, between the two, I'd pick the VTM 14 times out of 10.

this sounds pretty accurate
                        - Adam

Comment

Basically what everyone is saying about the vtm, x37
                          The vtm seriously sounds as good the jcm 800 for like quarter the price. I have no idea why they are shat upon.
                          LIKE MY BAND :
                          http://facebook.com/execrationer

+Lots of good transactions+

Comment

More betterer amps....

for $200?

Comment

alright, glad i asked. ill keep looking around and see what else is available (im still going to go see what it sounds like, though).

thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X