No announcement yet.

New Blackstar keeps dying

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blackstar keeps dying

I just received an HT20 and it keeps going silent on me. It will play for 5-10 minutes and then the volume slowly fades to nothing. I replaced the preamp tubes and it still dies. I have the back off and noticed that when the amp was working the power tubes were glowing like normal. After it went silent I looked again neither power tube was glowing.

Could it be one or both power tubes? I could see maybe one of them not glowing but both? I don't have any extras to experiment with.

Could it be something more serious than just tubes?

I'm wondering if I should just send it back?
    "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

I'm wondering if I should just send it back?

Definitely
    Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
    Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
    Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
    ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Definitely

This.
      HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

Definitely send it back. I've seen these burn out the board after that exact same complaint. Send it back as soon as possible and get a replacement
        Vanquish Mystique Custom
        Marshall JCM900 4100ri
        Marshall 1960a
        Ibanez TS9
        Ibanez AD9
        Korg Pitchblack
        Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

Yeah, its got a transformer issue. I had an amp a couple years ago that would fade in and out just like that.

Seriously! Send that mutha back!!!
          Trade References

Formerly the ass schismed

Comment

Could it be something more serious than just tubes?

what you're playing

it doesn't like it

sorry

just the messenger

The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

It sounded pretty awesome too.

Oh well. I might hold off on getting another one until I can demo a Jet City.
              "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

what you're playing

it doesn't like it

sorry

just the messenger

I was playing that riff you taught me.

oke:

Comment

It sounded pretty awesome too.

Oh well. I might hold off on getting another one until I can demo a Jet City.

Worth it!
                  Vanquish Mystique Custom
                  Marshall JCM900 4100ri
                  Marshall 1960a
                  Ibanez TS9
                  Ibanez AD9
                  Korg Pitchblack
                  Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

I'd send it back. No use worrying about it when you dont have to
                    Guitars: Logan Telecasterw/ Duncan P90's Fender MIM Tele w/ Duncan Little 59, Ibanez SZ320 w/ Duncan JB,Alvarez RF4102C
                    Amps: Blackstar Stage 60, Blackstar HT20H,Fender Mustang II
                    Pedals:BBE Supa Charger, Dunlop EVH Wah, Dunlop Volume, TC Nova Delay, TC Polytune,Zvex Distortron,MXR Custom BadAss OD, Xotic AC Boost,Dane Electro 7 band EQ, CC Tremolo, Line6 M5
                    Line6 Relay G30 Wireless

Comment

I was playing that riff you taught me.

oke:

ur doing it wrong
                      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Had the EXACT same problem with a 60 soloist. Faded in, and I got nothing but fizz when I really dug into the strings. Changed tubes, and the fuse - nothing. I didn't waste any time in sending it back.
                        Ah, Dickhammer.

HAPPY DEALS: chad_sux, bmxman37, onwingsoflead, dogbone94, FrontEndLoader, many others.....

GEAR
                        Line 6 DT25
                        Line 6 HD500
                        First Act Custom Shop Lola
                        PRS 20th SC

Comment

Had the EXACT same problem with a 60 soloist. Faded in, and I got nothing but fizz when I really dug into the strings. Changed tubes, and the fuse - nothing. I didn't waste any time in sending it back.

Yep, calling them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X