Diezel Einstein owners

13bats

• Members

Hey all .

Going to check out a Diezel Einstein.

From Clips its one amp I have always wanted.

I am more a Hard rock guy think Scorps Whitesnake .so I am not as concerned at getting mid scoop or Uber tight metal

Where does this amp sit compared to same a Recto orange hi gain or Soldano Hot rod?.

Has anyone tired an Lower preamp tube in the second channel to lower the compression a bit

• Members

If you compare any Diezel to a recto or Hot Rod, it will sound more refined, articulate with tons of low end overtones. Thus said, the Einstein is the "least" Diezilish out of them. You can get it to sound warm yet retain the clarity and note separation. I totally love it, though I'm biased, lol :lol:!

However, it's still a high-gainer (as the other amps you've mentioned). It does have a nice crunchy sound, but why are you not considering a vintage Marshall of some sort?

• Members

I was not impressed with it. It sounds to me very boxy and harsh. The hot rod eats it alive, the hot rod is more organic, better clarity and more responsive/touch sensitive. I'm not really familiar enough with the rectos other than their smooth high gain sounds but I much prefer that to what I've heard from the einstien.

• Members

I strongly disagree with the above post. The hot rod is a great amp, but "eats the einstein alive"? Sheesh...

well yeah, obvisously that's IME/O but that's the conclusion I drew. The einstein was sub par for such a high end/expensive amp and the hot rod was a LOT better. I can see where some would prefer the einstein's stiffness and barky qualities, but for me the hot rod wins hands down when it comes to overall tone.

• Members

I found the Einstein very compressed and really lacking in aggression, its a good amp that covers a lot of ground but its very polite. Its fantastic for lead stuff, but for heavy rhythms i found it falling short. It reminds me a lot of the H&K Trilogy, great amp but very tame.

• Members

I found the Einstein very compressed and really lacking in aggression, its a good amp that covers a lot of ground but its very polite. Its fantastic for lead stuff, but for heavy rhythms i found it falling short. It reminds me a lot of the H&K Trilogy, great amp but very tame.

Ya I figure its is kinda like a Bogner, Egnater really saturated smooth drive channel as compared to say a Splawn or VHT for comparision as tight and in your face..

I like the smooth and not super tight .When I talk Rhythm I mean more like a Crazy world Scorps vs say an Opeth and Killswitch as we do not play that

• Members

Timmy has sort of nailed it really. It's a great amp. But wherever you set the controls it does sound refined and polite.

I feel an 800 would bury it in a live mix.

The Einy sounds great, definitely, but yeah. I could literally set the controls anywhere and it would sound good.

I'm not sure that's a good thing though...

I'd definitely have another. But a 100w'r rather than the 50w.

It wouldn't replace my 800 though.

Also the bass is crazy on it.

Massive low end if you need it. Faaaaarrrrr more than you could ever possibly need.

Mine was heaps better when I retubed it with slightly lower gain Russian pre's too.

The Chinese pre glass had far too much squash and compression.

• Members

Some people that have it around here attribute the "refinement" and smoother nature of the einstein to the EL34s. It is still a tube amp and those who wanted much more in the clarity punch etc for metal rythms (well metal tends to become something...personal around here anyway let's say not death metal etc more conventional/classic riffing) in high volumes loaded it with KT88s. It is a completely different amp (at least in higher volumes) with those. Don't even bother to compare it with soldanos etc. It is different enough to not be able to compare it. They may cover some common ground? But the einstein is a far more versatile amp. (in my oppinion providing different good sounds instead of being able to play all kinds of music with one specific good sound for example soldano rock, metal, cleans etc).

The 100 watter can be loaded and biased with differend power tubes per pair as 6L6s and EL34s.

But, it also has a design flaw, not often talked about (which is why I didn't get it).

Channel 2 is indeed depended on channel 1. For example the sound changes depending which mode channel 1 is set in. I don't know what diezel was thinking, if it was an omition or even a necessity. It just ruins it for me!

• Members

The thing is that like most high gain amps, the Einstein has absurd amounts of gain on tap. When I had one (went to the Axe-Fx) I don't think I ever turned the gain past halfway especially on channel 2. That was a bit of dealbreaker for me as the first channel was great but the modes were not footswitchable without mods and the 2nd channel was way overgained so you couldn't easily get a footswitchable clean/distorted tone out of it where the distorted tone wasn't pretty high gain.

Archived