Death to All Tour Show Chicago Right Now

Hardvalve

• Members

Amazing show tonight. Only 5 shows in the US, many of the original guys in Death. The Lead singer from Abyssmal Dawn covered half the Death Songs, then the singer from Exhumed did the other half. Gene Hoglan and Sean Reinert on drums. Gorguts opened. Great tribute to Chuck and the money went to the sweet relief fund.

• Members

I was due to see Death to All in Dallas on July 3rd with Atheist opening, but the promoters pulled the plug on it (pun intended). Advance ticket sales were so low that they were worried that they couldn't cover the travel expenses for the musicians, seeing as these shows aren't being done for profit. I totally understand that from a financial standpoint, but even though most Dallas metalheads pay at the door on the day of the show, I think advanced ticket sales would have been much better had the promoters not booked the show at House of Blues. While it is a great venue for watching live music, the alcohol prices are ridiculous, AND they don't allow ins and outs for people of drinking age. Oh, and they also gouge the bands when it comes to merch sales. I remember a friend of mine who went to one of the Summer Slaughter tours had to buy a shirt from Origin outside of the venue after the show. He said that the band was doing this for each tour stop where the show was at an HOB, because they wanted 30% of the merch sales.

• Members
Son, we are disappoint.

7454512718_500c1014af.jpg

I KNOW!!! Its only 30 bucks, and I shoulda bought tickets a month ago, but the wifes been sick and hasnt worked in 2 weeks...no work=no money. Usually, all my paychecks go to bills and whatever she makes feeds us and gets us entertainment type stuff, but without money coming in on her side, Ive had to take up the feeding us duties as well. Shes back to work this week, so we will just have to wait and see how much she makes this week before we can decide if we can go or not...shes a server at Ale House.

• Members

I was due to see Death to All in Dallas on July 3rd with Atheist opening, but the promoters pulled the plug on it (pun intended). Advance ticket sales were so low that they were worried that they couldn't cover the travel expenses for the musicians, seeing as these shows aren't being done for profit. I totally understand that from a financial standpoint, but even though most Dallas metalheads pay at the door on the day of the show, I think advanced ticket sales would have been much better had the promoters not booked the show at House of Blues. While it is a great venue for watching live music, the alcohol prices are ridiculous, AND they don't allow ins and outs for people of drinking age. Oh, and they also gouge the bands when it comes to merch sales. I remember a friend of mine who went to one of the Summer Slaughter tours had to buy a shirt from Origin outside of the venue after the show. He said that the band was doing this for each tour stop where the show was at an HOB, because they wanted 30% of the merch sales.

That does not surprise me at all. HOB is a good venue to watch, but everything you said is true to a T.

Archived