Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

peavey ultra 212 combo needs updating....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey ultra 212 combo needs updating....

i was just jamming my old school peavey ultra 212 combo and realized that i
    haven't changed the tubes in it since i have gotten it ( two years ago) or have
    i changed speakers or done any mods to it... sooo.. do any of you guys out there
    have any advice on if i should change out the factory peavey speakers, and what
    i should change them too?... I think i'm going to order some jj's tubes unless
    you have any suggestions...

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b>GUITARS</b><br />
    96 gibson sg faded sh-6s, 90 gibson les paul w/50s wiring sd sh-6 and classic 57, 11 ibanez rg3550 prestige, 07 fender strat h-s-s jb duncan and sh1 singles, 85 fender mij contemp strat 11 Esp Ltd mh-1000 with emg's, 95 mim fender strat, 92 martin d-16h, 2006 Martin d-28, 04 martin d-16, 78 Yamaha fg512 12-string, 00 Ibanez rg7421 7 string<br />
    <b>AMPS</b><br />
    5150, rivera knucklehead, mesa studio pre, digitech 2120, marshall 9005 power amp, peavey ultra 212</div>

Assuming you have a cab for the other amps in your sig, it may be worth plugging into that (after matching the Ohms setting on the Peavey) and see what you think -- if you want something similar or different, though speakers will react differently in an open-back combo compared to a closed-back 212 or 412.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

If it ain't broke, don;t fix it. I had tubes in my old Fender for 15 years, with regular use.

Now, it's tru you can getsome slow degradation. so rush's suggestion might help determine that. But if it sounds lively, and okay....no worries!

Comment

I do... I'll try that and see what happens..
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>GUITARS</b><br />
        96 gibson sg faded sh-6s, 90 gibson les paul w/50s wiring sd sh-6 and classic 57, 11 ibanez rg3550 prestige, 07 fender strat h-s-s jb duncan and sh1 singles, 85 fender mij contemp strat 11 Esp Ltd mh-1000 with emg's, 95 mim fender strat, 92 martin d-16h, 2006 Martin d-28, 04 martin d-16, 78 Yamaha fg512 12-string, 00 Ibanez rg7421 7 string<br />
        <b>AMPS</b><br />
        5150, rivera knucklehead, mesa studio pre, digitech 2120, marshall 9005 power amp, peavey ultra 212</div>

Comment

Working...
        X