Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep my head from vibrating off of my cab?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep my head from vibrating off of my cab?

Ran into an interesting problem the other day; I know you guys are a loud bunch, so I figure somebody here has to understand. Anyway, breaking in a new head/2x12 pair on stage, I noticed the head moves around a fair bit. I like a loud, bass-heavy tone from that setup, so it's expected that the cab - Avatar 2x12, Eminence Commonwealths, stood on its side - will probably vibrate some. That said, I don't want to risk knocking the head onto the floor. 

My thoughts thus far: Sitting the head on the floor is an option, but it'd be nice to leave it atop the cab if possible. Turning down the volume and/or bass are not so much options. I guess I'm just hoping somebody can link me to some vibration-absorbing miracle feet to install on the head and cab. Thoughts?

I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

A lot of cabs I've used have rubber built in on top, does the avatar not? In any case a rubber sheet or similar might be worth a try.

Comment

• Dr.Picklebottom
      Dr.Picklebottom commented
      Editing a comment

try not standing the cab on its side. you may still be able to get the projection you need without the excessive vibrations not being absorbed.

10p nails through the head into the cab should hold it nicely in place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mesa Boogie Road King II
    Carvin 2x12 cab
    Egnater Rebel 30 Combo
    Fender FSR Standard Black
    Schecter Hellraiser Black Cherry
    Ibanez RG570 Blue
    Ibanez AR200 Red Wine
    Gretsch G5120 Orange
    Hofner Shorty White
    Musket > Morley Bad Horsie > DynaComp > FullDrive 2 > BBE Green Screamer > EH POG2 > Ernie Ball Volume > Amp
    Loop EFX: Line 6 M9

Comment

http://www.target.com/p/baking-sheet/-/A-14343364?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&L NM=%7C568775&CPNG=Kitchen&kpid=568775&LID=PA&ci_sr c=17588969&ci_sku=568775

^ or silicone foam sheets...google it. pretty cheap and durable.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="blue"></font><div align="center">Taylor T3/B - Fuzz Factory - Fulltone Clyde - MXR flanger - Flashback - Egnater Rebel 30 112- Mesa vertical 2x12</div><br><br><br><br><br><br><div align="center"><a href="http://www.mishpachahouse.org" target="_blank">http://www.mishpachahouse.org</a></div></div>

Comment

• dudeman1967
        dudeman1967 commented
        Editing a comment

Turn it down!

Try a bit of foam.  The silicone foam sheets are a good idea also.

I suggest that you...er....have sex? on your cab. Make it a little sticky. Spill some drinks, do some lines. Your amp will sit just fine on the cab.

Comment

• Belva
        Belva commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you willing to use some latches?
        Maybe you could use some drawbolt type

Laney lionheart has a pro kit for head to cab attachment when tilting cabs. or take a chair along or dummy cab.

Comment

Working...
      X