New to the new HC, and a new HUGE amp!

SuperSix

• Members

I used to post on HC a long time ago. I've decided I miss looking at everyone's awesome gear from the interesting to the super expensive and amazing, so I'm back. I just so happen to have finally found one of my dream amps, an early 70's Fender Super Six. It's basically a Twin Reverb, but with 6 10" JBLs all jammed into a huge combo. It's def not the best amp out there, but I love it, it sounds huge and looks ridiculous. From what I understand their sort of rare because a lot of people thought 6 10s was obnoxious and didn't want to carry 100 pounds of amp everywhere so they cut them up into quads or twins. Just the thought of sawwing into one of these makes me cringe. This one still works, although being a bit beat up. She definitely needs to be gone through, but for now she's just fine. Maybe some of you guys will think this thing is as cool/crazy as i do.

Here's some pics with the '52 reissue.

And sorry for the sort of poor quality photos, I don't have a nice fancy camera like most of you guys.

supersix&tele

supersixback

faceplate

FenderJBL

• Members

That's beautiful, man. Six JBLs, jeezus. My bandmate played through a Quad Reverb, similar thing but a 4x12 open back combo. They're everything a Twin reverb is and more: louder and heavier. 

Enjoy your visit to our ghost town of a forum. 

• Members

Thanks man, I'm not sure if the models with orange JBLs are more rare or not, all I see from the very limited pictures online are alnicos. Yea it seems like the amp section is a little dead. I remember roaming the pedals section for hours looking at all the tasty boutique stuff, hopefully that is still the case? At any rate it seems like electric guitars is still pretty popular.

• Members

It's very loud, with a ton of headroom, but it's still manageable and has a unique sound. I'm going to try it out at a couple of shows with this new band I'm trying to get off the ground. I'm really not worried about beating it up as it's already been kicked around pretty good. I'm sure I'll get tired of lugging around the 100 pounds of awkward dead weight and I'll get something more practical.

Archived