No announcement yet.

My attempts at Journey's "Faithfully", Foreigner's "Cold As Ice"

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My attempts at Journey's "Faithfully", Foreigner's "Cold As Ice"

So, I'm a HUGE Journey/Steve Perry fan. I've been singing Journey/Perry tunes in the shower and in my car for many years. Only recently have I had enough nerve to share my voice with others (the occasional karaoke after a few drinks to steady my nerves, and a few links to my Dropbox folder on Facebook). I recently downloaded an app called VocaLive and I found some pretty decent (i.e. Non-cheesy) backing tracks and I've recorded a few Journey and Foreigner tunes (Lou Graham is another fav of mine). Putting this out on this board is a big step for me and I admit that I'm very nervous about doing this. But I really want to know where I can improve and I'd greatly appreciate some honest and constructive feedback. So without further ado.....

http://snd.sc/17IaeJQ

"Attempt" is the wrong word, more like slam dunk. I usually listen to maybe 20 seconds of a link someone posts. I listened to the entire tune, very good brother!
    I like when they say a movie is inspired by a true story. That's kind of silly. "Hey, did you hear that story about that lady who drove her car into the lake with her kids and they all drowned?" "Yeah, I did, and you know what - that inspires me to write a movie about a gorilla!"

My Band

My YouTube Channel

My Cover Tunes

Comment

Thanks! I really appreciate the kind words. I have a few more I'd like to share if you guys wouldn't mind.

Comment

• davie
        davie commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with Static. I think it was an amazing cover. Keep it up!

Any words of critisism? Where do you think I can improve? I'm not a pro, or even an amatuer, and without any formal vocal background I feel like there are areas I can improve on that I'm not aware of.

If you guys wouldn't mind taking a listen to another of my recordings I'd really appreciate it. This one is Foreigner's "Cold As Ice".

https://soundcloud.com/berniemcpeak/cold-as-ice-mix-m4a

Comment

• berniemcpeak
        berniemcpeak commented
        Editing a comment

I checked out Bandmix.com.  maybe I'll find something there, and I'll keep checking Craigslist.  I'd like to sing with a group and have that experience.  Just for fun mostly.

• berniemcpeak
        berniemcpeak commented
        Editing a comment

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. :-)

• OldVox
        OldVox commented
        Editing a comment

Hey! A fellow 40+ singer, very cool! Right to the point...you sound >very< good. Defintely good enough for gigs. My only (brutally honest) critique of your voice is you aren't imho pronoucing your words clear enough. Some phrases come off a little muddy, almost like you have too much moisture in the back of your throat, hard to explain. Your timbre is thick which is great for recording / live performance. Overall, you sound very good and you should have plenty of confidence to expand on this and perhaps get a band going. Btw..I started a thread about "tool old to front a band?". Listening to you sing and giving you advice to make it happen, probably answers my own question. We should just go for it.

hi .. I listened to this song twice and I think you have a good voice but if its a little louder it would be better, and you struggle a little with high notes? anyway Im not a pro or anything just my opinon

Comment

Working...
      X