Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Beginner Needs Lighting Help!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Needs Lighting Help!

My wife just got me some lights and a stand for my birthday, to help with my band's show. However I need some advice on how to use them so that it's not a big mess. What I have are 2 Chauvet DJ Color Banks, a Chauvet Slimpar 56, and a Chauvet Moonflower LX5. Am I supposed to connect them together? Should I set them all to the music beat? I. am completely new to lights so any help is appreciated. Btw, I play in a cover band in small to medium sized bars.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Ludwig Element CS Retro (Mod Orange)<br />
    12x8 tom<br />
    14x14 floor tom<br />
    14x22 bass drum w/ rail mount<br />
    14x5 snare<br />
    14x5 pointed badge Acrolite<br />
    <br />
    Zildjian cymbals<br />
    15&quot; New Beats<br />
    17&quot; A Medium Thin Crash<br />
    18&quot; Armand Thin Crash<br />
    20&quot; K Custom Medium Ride<br />
    18&quot; A Custom EFX</div>

Is this all you have to light the band? If so, you're not going to light up much.

You can't connect any of these together. The only unit that is linkable is the Slimpar.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chaff67
      View Post

Is this all you have to light the band? If so, you're not going to light up much.

You can't connect any of these together. The only unit that is linkable is the Slimpar.

That's not helpful at all. So basically you have no advice on how to maximize the effect from what I have.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Ludwig Element CS Retro (Mod Orange)<br />
      12x8 tom<br />
      14x14 floor tom<br />
      14x22 bass drum w/ rail mount<br />
      14x5 snare<br />
      14x5 pointed badge Acrolite<br />
      <br />
      Zildjian cymbals<br />
      15&quot; New Beats<br />
      17&quot; A Medium Thin Crash<br />
      18&quot; Armand Thin Crash<br />
      20&quot; K Custom Medium Ride<br />
      18&quot; A Custom EFX</div>

Comment

Sorry but that is a poor selection of lights if the intention is to light a band. It would work on your drum kit though.
        Thanks,
        Bill Cronheim
        Enterainment Systems Corporation
        Back stage since 1973

Comment

Put them on a slow color change pattern. Too much "blinky blinky " to the beat is distracting,for you and your audience. So if you can set them to a slow color change that'll help.

Start thinking about what you'd like your lights to "do" and when you get to the point of wanting more my first advice is to always buy a controller with more than you think you'll need.Then add you stuff to it.
          DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
          There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

Comment

Did you read the basic band lighting guide?
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Moe<br><br>---<br><br>It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.hotrodmotm.com">http://www.hotrodmotm.com</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jdrummys
              View Post

That's not helpful at all. So basically you have no advice on how to maximize the effect from what I have.

Not helpful? I answered your question about hooking them together. I asked you a question about what you planned to do with them. You did not answer. Like Bill said, if this is for lighting the drum kit only, it would work. But if you're looking to light an entire band there is no way to "maximize the effect," you will end up with a very poorly lit stage.

Comment

Working...
              X