• Members

I bought this 12 space rack for $190 at Flood Music in Sioux City, used.

Just kinda figured it was a no-namer - then I see 'Penn Fabrication' on all the parts! I guess I got a good one. It's holding together fine and I've already tipped it off the front of my dolly:D

• Members

Not really. The bottom of the dolly isn't that long, so the center of gravity is ahead of the lip of the dolly. I might just put casters on there; two 1850HDs are getting kind of heavy:D

LOL - just realized I still have the casters from that Odyssey rack that I tried and then shipped back.

They never said anything, and the casters are NICE.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

Ok... here's one of my better crash and burn stories:

I had a rack with 4 ea. BGW-750-B's loaded in it (about 250 lbs). I had it set on a castor board and was pushing it down the sidewalk at a good pace (late for a show). The front of the castor board dropped into a decent crack and the amp rack did a 1 1/2 gainer. I also did a faceplant over the top of the rack in into the sidewalk right in-front of the rack... then the rack smashed into the middle of my back. That was the end of cheap castor boards for me.

Niiiiice...:eek:

• Members

Years ago-- Homemede amp rack, heavily loaded, badly placed casters. Pushin' it down the sidewalk. Hit crack, have a Wile E. Coyote moment as I go over the top and slam face first into the sidewalk. Right rack, bring it into venue. Hook up. No audio. Peavey V4x x/o in the top of the rack. Chassis hangs from pots. All pots snapped off. :eek:

• Members

few weeks back.

homemade rack, built to take weight but not weight AND movement. the casters are the smallest size - 1.5"? 2"?

loading out from a gig at a cathedral - stone floor. put my bass 2x10combo (trace, HEAVY mofo - im told they line the bottom with concrete...?) on top of the rack, no sweat. started rolling, no sweat. hit a crack.

law of inertia or newton's nuts or whatever kicks in... bottom stays in place, top moves about 6" (on a rack that's about 14" high), then stays there till abhi kicks it back into place.

ever since then, the lids wont sit on. the top is still skewed, and sways upto 2" each way. i couldnt be arsed bracing it more, plus i really dont need the rack, so i took the casters off for my bass amp (another stupid story came from that), and use the rack for storing my lovely audiopile cables.

the story with amp and casters is a bit stupider :(

AS

• Members

Originally posted by Audioeast

Fake Ata case with 2 CA9's and a CA12 and A xover

came back from a gig with both of the rack rails ripped out........

please add a story from above to figure out how this happened

(cause none of my guys can tell me what happened!)

"I swear... it was a failure of gravity to hold the rack to the ground. It jumped up all by itself"!

The rack tried to comit suicide... honest!

Archived