Ross Systems PA speakers???

• Members

Anyone had any experience with these??? I have a chance to buy a PA from a friend, and for front end, it has (2) RCS118 Subs, and (2) RCS152 Combos(15s and horns)... They sound decent, and haven't given us any trouble - and the rest of the gear is all solid: a Mackie 808s powered mixer, a QSC USA 850 amp, and a Peavey MX6 powered mixer that I intend to use as a drum sub mixer... He's also throwing in a Digitech vocal effect unit,- but I doubt I'll use that - trade bait, maybe???

Anyone know anything about these PA cabs???

- georgestrings

• Members
Originally posted by georgestrings

Anyone had any experience with these??? I have a chance to buy a PA from a friend, and for front end, it has (2) RCS118 Subs, and (2) RCS152 Combos(15s and horns)... They sound decent, and haven't given us any trouble - and the rest of the gear is all solid: a Mackie 808s powered mixer, a QSC USA 850 amp, and a Peavey MX6 powered mixer that I intend to use as a drum sub mixer... He's also throwing in a Digitech vocal effect unit,- but I doubt I'll use that - trade bait, maybe???

Anyone know anything about these PA cabs???

- georgestrings

How do they sound? Most of the Ross stuff I've seen has been decent usable budget gear. The speakers I've seen have used MOR Eminence or similar drivers and were either ply or OSB. If the price is right and they sound ok and healthy,why not?

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

How do they sound? Most of the Ross stuff I've seen has been decent usable budget gear. The speakers I've seen have used MOR Eminence or similar drivers and were either ply or OSB. If the price is right and they sound ok and healthy,why not?

They sound pretty good - my band's been using them in practice for about a year, and they've worked well for that(and we're LOUD) - besides, the Mackie 808s, QSC amp, and Peavey powered mixer are probably worth what he's asking by themselves($900) - so the Ross 18s and combos are kinda like a "bonus" - although not a bad one, if you ask me... I just asked because I never saw those speakers before...

Thanks for your input,

- georgestrings

• Members

ONe of my first set of speakers were Ross. They were dual 15 and horns and they were huge, Kind of a short perkins bin type. They sounded decent I used them all the time with a PLX 3402 at 4ohms. also took out the cheap and replaced them with ones out of a destroyed JBL cabinet. IF they are cheap I say buy.

Archived