So a band tonight

• Members

Was running this for sound.

Per side:

2) Meyer MSL-4 loudspeakers splayed on top of;

1) Meyer 650-P Sub

3) Yorkville NX300's, I believe were the stage monitors. Maybe a 4th I didn't see.

Drummer monitor was a JBL EON15"

Macky Onyx 1640 mixer.

I didn't get to check out the rest of the gear.

The guys had a great mix, though a bit loud.

I was sure to let the guys know how good they had the sound and damned if they didn't look surprised :eek: I know that seldom happens, but I make a point of letting the sound guys know if they've done a good job. More people should do that. I know it makes me feel good when someone tells me I have the music sounding good, both when running my own sound, or for the guys' I run sound for quite often.

• Members

Theirs a band here in my neck of the woods they use a A&H GL2400 and JBL's for FOH and wedges powered by some QSC amps. I complemented the sound guy, hey man great job on the band which IMO is the best sounding live band in town. It's not because of the music they play, a lot of their tunes I could care less about you know the dropped tuning metal sound and man I gotta take {censored} growl on vocals you know oouuaahh type vocals. He said no it was the band itself that sounded good. Then I said well then, guess you wouldn't mind if I ran the sound since it's the band itself sounding so great. Then of course he said hell no :mad: but then after a few minute :confused: he said thanks man. :) he said usually it's always the band that gets the complements just took the guy a few minutes that the compartment was to him. :idea::D

Archived