which of these wireless mics would you choose?

• Members

Neither will sound nearly as good as a wired SM58 or 835 (my preference between the two). Every one I've used sounded mushy when the singer was crooning, and nasty when the singer was wailing (even when I turned down the transmitter to keep it from clipping). Unless you need to wander through the crowd to put on a show to get the good gigs, forget the wireless (or be prepared to spend a couple grand).

• Members

I don't think you need to spend a couple grand (though in general with wireless the more you spend the better it will be). The 700 - 1000 range will sound A LOT better than the 400 range though. That being said, i do agree with TimmyP. Unless you spend money on the top of the line systems, you will not get the same quality out of wireless that you will out of a wired mic

• Members

Audio Technica 3000 series is about the best value in a (semi) professional level mic. I use the term "semi" because it's not really a pro piece but is certainly not the entry level junk either. It's probably close to your budget.,

• Members

Audio Technica 3000 series is about the best value in a (semi) professional level mic. I use the term "semi" because it's not really a pro piece but is certainly not the entry level junk either. It's probably close to your budget.,

I second this opinion. I have had one on loan occasionally from a friend and it has a really nice mid boost and good gain before feedback. I went back to my lowly Shure AXS 1 this past rehearsal and I am definitely going to be buying a new mic. It's kinda funny how you can be completely happy until you get a taste of "the good life." Ignorance is truly bliss, I suppose.

Archived