Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sennheiser e838... any good?

hey I was just at the GC and they had e838s on sale for 80 some bucks instead of 139. I have used the e835 and liked it a lot, almost as much as a beta58. How does the e838 compare to a beta58, e835 or SM58? Those are the ones I have experience with. Any help is appreciated

EDIT:... forgot to mention this would be for a male vocals.. style of music is 60s inspired psychedelic rock, so the vocals would get a good amount of reverb/delay
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOrangeDrop

Maybe look around on the serch button check the user reviews. I dunno just throwing you some food for thought.

Comment

They're GREAT mics. Much better than a SM/Beta58.
      ​Boston Common Band - Boston Wedding Bands
      Sound --- DB Tech DVA T4's + RCF TTS18a Subs | RCF TT08a + ART710 Monitors
      Rack --- A&H QU-16 | Sennheiser Wireless Systems | Furman P2400AR
      Lighting --- Chauvet Quad6 PARs | Chauvet + ADJ Lasers | QSpot360 Moving Heads

Comment

Good mics, better than SM58 and about as good as the Beta58 IMO. Don't know how they will sound with lots of reverb and delay though. Didn't know there was a style that used lots of these effects...
        YMMV.

Release your inner DJ... then you will begin to see.

Comment

We own one and arwe really pleased with itr for most vocals. I wouldn't recommend itr for a high ended woman vocalist but for mosgt deeper vocoas, they are fantastic. I prefer it over the e 835. Hven't pinned it against an e 945 but I would recommend the e838 microphones for any arsenal.

Comment

[COLOR="red"]ZOMBIE
            band status - "its complicated"

Comment

Working...
            X