changing my cabinets to tour x or srx

• Members

Hello I'm planning on changing my jrx 125 to tour x 2152 or srx 715. I know the ev's run 4 ohms 1000 watts and the jbl's 800 watts in 8 ohms. My amps are xti 2000 so I think they don't run enough power. What amp do you suggest me to run two cabinets per side and if it has to be used in parallel or series. My second question is if I ran two tour x per side going to the same amp, impedance goes down to 2 ohms and they throw 2000 watts per side for a total of 4000? I hope I was clear guys jeje.

• Members

What about subs? That would definately factor into any recommendation. If you don't have subs or can't afford subs, I would then consider looking at a slightly lower line like the MRX and adding subs. Overall, if you need LF reproduction, that would be a better tradeoff.

Alternately, this might be the ideal time to consider powered cabinets. QSC HPR's are worthy too. The added processing and well matched power from all the powered speakers at this level is beneficial IMO.

• Members

What about subs? That would definately factor into any recommendation. If you don't have subs or can't afford subs, I would then consider looking at a slightly lower line like the MRX and adding subs. Overall, if you need LF reproduction, that would be a better tradeoff.

Alternately, this might be the ideal time to consider powered cabinets. QSC HPR's are worthy too. The added processing and well matched power from all the powered speakers at this level is beneficial IMO.

I run two electro voice force i subs trough a crown xti 2000 and I have other two crown xti 2000 one for my clubs sm 12v and the other for the jrx 125. I am happy with the clubs and the subs but need to upgrade the jbl

• Members

Wow yes I see they are good but sorry the question stupid why it says 551 to 700 watts Can you actually get them to 700 watts continous?

I sure as heck wouldn't.

To rate a speaker like that requires that you follow all the little details that are "between the lines", things like high pass filtering, band-shaped signal, limited and controlled crest factor, and just as important... how long wouldyou like the speakers to last and remain undamaged without any fatigue or long term thermal damage to the drivers and x-over network.

IMO, it's a bit misleading... but so are many specs these days.

• Members
Wow yes I see they are good but sorry the question stupid why it says 551 to 700 watts Can you actually get them to 700 watts continous?

Where did you find those specs? They are however rated at 600w continuous. I've powered them with a PLX3402, also had them on a MA3600 and they do just fine.......of course I don't push things to their limit & I don't ask more from my gear than it's capable of.

• Members

Where did you find those specs? They are however rated at 600w continuous. I've powered them with a PLX3402, also had them on a MA3600 and they do just fine.......of course I don't push things to their limit & I don't ask more from my gear than it's capable of.

samash page

• Members

They are a 12" box that can be used for BOTH applications. I happen to use a bunch for monitors, but have also flown them for FOH installations. No problem there. They also come with pole mounts that have straight and ~10 degrees down angles, very, very handy.

Is the crown xti 4000 enough or do I need the xti6000.

• Members

What about the zx5 is it worth paying 100 more for a 15"?

If you're using subs 12" tops will sound better, cost less and be easier to transport. If you go with EV, I second the ZX3 suggestion.

Just to clarify, a 15" speaker is not necessarily a better speaker just because it's bigger.

• Members

If you're using subs 12" tops will sound better, cost less and be easier to transport. If you go with EV, I second the ZX3 suggestion.

Just to clarify, a 15" speaker is not necessarily a better speaker just because it's bigger.

Well the thing is that I rent sound here in my country Colombia and sometimes some clients don

• Members

You may want to reconsider this... if they need subs but are too cheap to rent subs, do you want them hammering your cabinets trying to get more bottom end just because they can't/won't pay for the proper tool?

Not me.

I always ask how is the place and how many people. I have sound engineers that always suggest what

Archived