Unpowered Monitor Suggestions ?

• Members

Hi all,

I'm thinking about upgrading my basic stage monitor setup from a pair of Yamaha 12" Clubs running off one side of a QSC PLX 1804 and are hoping to keep a pair under $1200 if possible.

The main criteria are (in no specific order) :

- Small

- Light

- Sound Quality

- Good Output

- Durability / Reliability

They will be used to get over a 4 pce rock band (nothing too crazy - we play 100-200 capacity clubs for the most part - anything bigger and PA is usually supplied).

For now, they run a couple of voices through them and an electric guitar - although apparently the singer will be buying his own powered monitor soon, and when that happens, I'll run his vocals out of of another aux send from the board....

My FOH setup is a pair of Yorkville E12 Elites over a pair of Yorkville LS720P's, which I really like so far.

All and any ideas are appreciated in advance !

• Members

My FOH setup is a pair of Yorkville E12 Elites over a pair of Yorkville LS720P's, which I really like so far.

All and any ideas are appreciated in advance !

I just got a used pair of the E12's. I haven't used them for mains, but I hope to do so at some point.

I'm using them for the first time this week-end as monitors. Judging by my intital at home run through, I think they'll do nicely.

What about building some redundancy into your system and getting a pair of used (or new?) E12's? Maybe you're looking for smaller though, not sure.

BTW, I got lucky with mine CAN $500.00 for the pair.

Archived