AT M2 should I get Band M or L?

• Members

I just have a quick question about which in ear monitor system. I might be the only one in the band for awhile using anything wireless and I need to decide if band M or band L is better or does it matter? We might open for other larger acts that are using wireless equipment but this IEM unit will be the only part of our equipment that is wireless.

Thanks!

• Members

I just have a quick question about which in ear monitor system. I might be the only one in the band for awhile using anything wireless and I need to decide if band M or band L is better or does it matter? We might open for other larger acts that are using wireless equipment but this IEM unit will be the only part of our equipment that is wireless.

Thanks!

If you play mostly local, contact AT tech support, give them your zip code, and ask them what is best for your location

• Members

I need to decide if band M or band L is better or does it matter?

The answer definitely matters according to where you are. Since your signature doesn't contain your location I can't help you.

So where are you?

• Members

My wife and I share an AT M3 transmitter with two receivers. I'm pretty sure it's the M-band version. If we were to add another transmitter, should it match the band we already have?

Depends on available spectrum in your area BUT if possible I would share the M band because that way your receivers are universal to whatever mixes or transmitters on M band that you use by changing frequency.

• Members

Good idea. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure we have plenty of available frequencies. When I first got the unit, I kept scanning through different frequencies and found several that worked without problem. When the newness wore off, I just stuck with one frequency and haven't had any problems with it.

Mike

• Members

Hey Mike

"L" band would be a much better choice in your area as you have several channels plus one of your "safe harbor" channels (Ch 35) in that band. That's not to say that M will not work, but your chances of finding interference free channels would be easier with L ... especially as time goes on.

Archived