X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Eliminator

When you use these things, how does it know that a long keyboard note or one from a guitar isn't feedback? Thanks, I have some more questions, I hope I don't wear out my welcome!

It doesn't. Best used judiciously on individual mic channels or monitor sends, or not at all.
    Where the Mississippi River runs west...

Comment

Good quality units analyze the waveform for harmonics. If it sees a waveform with almost zero it assumes it to be feedback and sets filters against it. So you have to end up with a pretty pure waveform. A guitar feeding back can do it.

The best way to avoid mistracking is to insert them only on problem (usually vocal) channels. If you use only one unit an a mix overall you might have some false filters set. You have to weight the benefits
      Don Boomer

Comment

Glockenspiel patches, used to play many Springsteen tunes, are the biggest offenders in my repertoire. These are very pure tones. Both my units (an older Behringer and a newer Sabine) will make a whole-band mix sound "duller" after I play "Born To Run". Just something to be aware of. The more dynamic filters you have, the worse the effect will be, too.

I find them useful on monitor mixes, but if I was running them through front of house, I would use them only as vocal channel inserts.

Wes
        --Hammond: BC, M3, Split L111, L122 / Leslie: 51, 760 / Yamaha: DGX-620, PF-85Follow my new band, Dr. Bombay! We're going to be organasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by wesg View Post

I find them useful on monitor mixes, but if I was running them through front of house, I would use them only as vocal channel inserts.

Wes
          Ditto, great tool for monitor mix. Our female singer moves around the stage a lot and tends to drop her mic to her side.

steve

Comment

Working...
          X