Lacy J. Dalton gig

• Members

Just worked with the lady Saturday night and was quite impressed. Even at 72 she still sings and plays with a much younger attitude. Her guitarist Dale Poune was a MONSTER multi-instrumentalist, one of the best flatpicking guitar and mandolin players I've heard. Sat down with her after the show and talked about our interests and background, she was a joy to work with. Reminds me how much fun this SR stuff can be,

• Members
Just worked with the lady Saturday night and was quite impressed. Even at 72 she still sings and plays with a much younger attitude. Her guitarist Dale Poune was a MONSTER multi-instrumentalist' date=' one of the best flatpicking guitar and mandolin players I've heard. Sat down with her after the show and talked about our interests and background, she was a joy to work with. Reminds me how much fun this SR stuff can be,[/quote']

Hope she doesn't read this post - according to Wikipedia she is a mere 67 years young !! LOL…..

• Members

Very cool. I hope to get a chance at something like that one day. It has always impressed me reading posts like this about high level acts having their stuff together and doing things right It has to make for a much better show overall. What a contrast to the typical local and sometimes regional acts that don't have a clue but think they know everything and then wonder why they end up sounding bad. Or better yet, not even realize how bad the end product is. That whole polishing a turd thing you know.

Archived