Bought Jbl prx712 considering returning for QSC K 10 or 12 instead..advice needed

• Members

Hey guys

I just bought a pair of Jbl prx 712's and couldn't be happier with them except for the constant fan noise which in a club shouldn't be a problem but for small intimate acoustic settings could be a buzzkill. I'm using these speakers mainly for acoustic solo and duo shows but like having the option of using them in a moderate sized band setting mainly for vocals. I know I would need a sub to mic a full band but that's not my objective.

I've borrowed a K12 from a friend and I like it but I like the Jbl's a little more (could be the wood cabinets) and I've been reading and hearing about the Qsc's not having as good as dispersion as other speakers so that is a bit of concern and I'm also really considering the K10's and wanted to get some input from anyone who's experienced these speakers

I still have time to take the Jbl's back and I know any of these speakers would be a good choice but I don't want to regret it down the road.

Thanks

• CMS Author

In my opinion these speakers are so closely competitive I wouldn't bother returning the JBL's. I also wouldn't worry about fan noise. Any setting that's so intimate and quiet that people notice (and then actually care about) fan noise probably shouldn't have reinforcement to begin with.

I've used PRX715 and K10.

• Members
Nice. I had a reply and it showed it posted..... I come back 30 minutes later (because I have to check the forums manually as notices don't work) and it's gone. It just keeps getting better and better! Anyway' date=' essentially same thing Craig said plus some comments on the dispersion pattern. Not repeating it all, the QSC's are conical and actually spray the ceilings too much IMO. 90 degree vertical for the K10 and 75 for the K12. The JBL is 50. Both can be tilted down, but I'd still take the JBL. I also think the PRX is more like the KW than the K of the QSC.[/quote']

Thanks for the info guys. Abzurd I was thinking the same thing about the jbl being more like the KW series in terms of sound, the bass was definitely tighter than the K12 so I think I will just stay with the JBL.

• Members

Thanks for the info guys. Abzurd I was thinking the same thing about the jbl being more like the KW series in terms of sound, the bass was definitely tighter than the K12 so I think I will just stay with the JBL.

I own 2 K 10's and 4 PRX612's and I can safely say the JBL's sound better. A little warmer and easier to EQ. I use the K10's as monitors and they sound great too - just not as good for FOH especially at higher volumes.

Archived