Korg SG-1

rasrick

• Members

Should have finished my thought..............Does anyone out there have anything to say that may help me out? Is this regarded as a good keyboard? I know it is an 86 vintage in a flight case and in near mint condition. I am really a bass player but am considering flipping this to add to my rig.

• Members

The 88 key models (SG-1D, New SG-1D, and SGX-1D) were industry standards in their day and still worth something. The SG-1 is the 76 key model, and I believe it was made early on without the Steinway piano that made the later 88s so good. I doubt if it's worth much. Not many people bought them (everyone went for the 88) so I don't know, but I'd say under $300 anyway. You're just going to resell it, right?

• Members

Well, that's certainly good info!!

I would have been stupid to drop 700.00$ on it, correct? It is being pitched to me as a vintage, must have keyboard for studio owners and Korg collectors. I must admit, it sure looks awesome.

• Members

Well, that's certainly good info!!

I would have been stupid to drop 700.00$ on it, correct? It is being pitched to me as a vintage, must have keyboard for studio owners and Korg collectors. I must admit, it sure looks awesome.

'vintage' can break, too, especially instruments that have been gigged

$700 could be the price for the impulsive gullible

I wouldn't bite.

Cheap-0 sounds right

• Members

This one is 76 keys I think. Heavy is right............Think with the flight case it's around 90 lbs.! I wonder what he would say to 350? But If it's only worth 300 I'm not going to made a dime and i should just for go the hassle?

• Members

SG-1 should be only 76 keys. It's an old early digital piano. Although there are a (very) few exceptions, old digital pianos are not valuable or collectible like old synths. I really don't know what it's worth, but not much.

• Members

I already checked before I posted. There weren't any. The 76 key one is pretty rare. The only one I've ever seen was in a music store in the late 1980s. I've seen and played the 88 key "D"s countless times.

Rasrick, that does not mean that it's valuable!

• Members

OK now I get it. I completly missed the link. Thanks loads for that. I think I'm going to buy it mainly because there just aren't many around in near mint to mint condition. Then I will run an add in the local paper and hope someone will want it. If I can't sell it now I will just hold it for awhile. I do have some things In mind that i want to score for my bass set up But I don't NEED them.

The Korg SG-1 is just magnificent looking and with the road case I just can't let it go by. And believe me I'm not made of money. But, that voice in my head is saying "don't let it go by" thanks for all the help you guys have given me.no better teacher than expierience! You guy are all over it!

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I HAVE a Korg SG-1, it's at my church, sitting without a power cord! I can not figure out what type I need just from looking! It's impossible to find them online, I've looked at power cord supplier after power cord supplier, and even if I find something that looks simlar, I can't be sure it's the right cord! Does anyone know what type of ending connecter that cord has? It's weird and hard to find. Please, I want to be able to use this keyboard.

• 8 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

I have one and love it, have had it a long time with no problems whatsoever love the feel and sounds, records beautifully, some of the portable ones out there sound fine through on board or amplified speakers, but when recording there is no comparison, even the 76 key version is professional quality, here is an article I found, http://www.muzines.co.uk/articles/korg-sg1-piano/258

• 4 weeks later...

Archived