2 Days, 2 Bargains...

xanderbeanz

• Members

Cool Beans.

You should be happy with both. I really like the TX81Z - my favorite FM synth.

Run it thru some external FX and it's a great little synth. It does some things REALLY well. It can imitate winds and strings, for example. Oboes, clarinets, violin, accordian even. Yeah, they're not pristine samples, and a little "synthy", but that's it's charm. IMO.

Oh, and it does the trademark plunks, plonks and FM bells too. As well as (*gag*) FM Piano, and Lately Bass.

• Members

looks like i'm gonna be in digital synth heaven by the end of the week what with the k1 and the tx and some nice reverb from the dmp...

Congrats to the cheap deals you have made, but you are not in digital synth heaven without some more gear, this includes the Kurzweil K2000, a Waldorf of some kind and a really nice analog chorus.... :cop:

• Members

i really wanna get a waldorf at some point, one of the orange or yellow ones (q or microwave i think they are), i hear they're very deep synth-wise and they certainly look the part!

anyway, the tx81z will be used mainly as a percussion synth, and maybe for some crazy pads and the odd sonic the hedgehog style synth patch, i think it's gonna sound really nice through the dmp's reverb, my DW8000 certainly does!

• Members

i really wanna get a waldorf at some point, one of the orange or yellow ones (q or microwave i think they are), i hear they're very deep synth-wise and they certainly look the part!

anyway, the tx81z will be used mainly as a percussion synth, and maybe for some crazy pads and the odd sonic the hedgehog style synth patch, i think it's gonna sound really nice through the dmp's reverb, my DW8000 certainly does!

• Members

Hi Xanderbranz,

You certainly stole some gear there !!

In this recession with so many losing their jobs, and Pub players, like myself, who can't find anyone to pay 'real' money for Gigs any more, a lot of people are selling off posessions to make some cash to live on.

There are really some bargains to be had on UK Ebay for all my varied interests, Ham Radio Equipment, Caravans (Campers US), and Organs. Sadly as a UK 'Pensioner' on State Benefits, I can't afford to take advantage of most of this stuff!

Organs that cost 1000's of Dollars/Pounds only 8 - 10 years ago, are fetching peanuts. I recently bought my current Organ - A Yamaha HS-8, cost 6,000 GB Pounds (10,000 Dollars) only 10 years ago, for just 120 GB Pounds (200 Dollars), absolutely mint 'as new' !! If you look back in my posts here, I have posted some of my music out of it in other Topics.

Well done, all you - keep buying gear, it keeps the juices going!

John

Archived