Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Keyboardists needed for a brief survey

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboardists needed for a brief survey

Hi - I'm a former musician turned grad student. I'm looking for keyboardists to participate in my doctoral research. This involves a 5-10 minute online survey, completely anonymous. The purpose of this study is to explore musicians

done

hardly hurt at all
    Hi Mom!

Comment

no problemo

Comment

I didn't do it because I didn't like that you can't go back after you hit Continue to go the next page. I didn't want to start until I did a quick browse of the whole thing to be sure it would be something I would want to finish.

Maybe that's a trait of keyboardists. ;-)

(Though seriously, that could skew your result, if the methodology of the test itself filters out people with certain personality characteristics.)

Comment

Done. I hope you'll share the abbreviated results with us.

Like, Some of us play keys and guitar. Does that make them schizofrettic?
          ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

Don't worry, he'll find anotherAnotherscott.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell...</font></div>

Comment

Damn you plinky you jumped into my spot.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell...</font></div>

Comment

Would love to hear some feedback, even general feedback on the whole study. From one LCSW to another psychologist.

Comment

No jazz only guys? Go **************** yourself.

/I keed, I keed.
                  Gear: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Plugiator - GSI Burn

Comment

Will the participants receive a free Kronos?

<div class="signaturecontainer">Too many keyboards, not enough music.</div>

Comment

The survey software needs improvement. Besides the lack of a back-button I found that it is possible to check more than one response for the personality-based questions. The software should use radio buttons and the callbacks for button clicks should be written so that clicking one button resets all the others.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
                      <font size="3"><br />
                      <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
                      </i><br />
                      G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

The survey software needs improvement. Besides the lack of a back-button I found that it is possible to check more than one response for the personality-based questions. The software should use radio buttons and the callbacks for button clicks should be written so that clicking one button resets all the others.

Gribs, sorry to hear this. If anyone else has trouble with the interface, feel free to let me know.

Comment

Done. Agree with the above though.

Comment

Did it.

Good luck with the project.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="https://twitter.com/ArtScienceSound/status/208313686459293697" target="_blank"><font color="blue">&quot;I remember when dubstep was just called &quot;LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth&quot; in the '60s&quot; - Alan Parsons</font></a><br />
                            <br />
                            <font size="1">Kurzweil PC3<font size="2">♦</font></font><font size="1">Alesis Fusion 6HD</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QS7.1 (2)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QSR</font>♦<font size="1"> Alesis S4+</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis DMPRO</font>♦<font size="1">Evolution MK-461C</font>♦<font size="1">Rhodes Mark II Stage 73</font>♦<font size="1">Roland JX-8P</font>♦<font size="1">Kawai K1 &amp; K1m</font>♦<br />
                            <font size="1"> <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            </font></div>

Comment

Thanks again to all who have participated.
                              I wanted to bump this to give it another push for new participants.
                              The survey will close in a few weeks and all the help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X