Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah +1 on the TR-Rack, if you can program it. I'd rather program my N1R than that thing... speaking of which, since N1Rs can be had for about a hundred bucks or so, and NS5R's even cheaper, it doesn't ever hurt to have one of those around
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="verdana"><a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze</a></font></div>

Comment

Wait, people actually program their romplers? Every single patch in my Motif Rack is still factory.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="right">Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.</div></div>

Comment

Well. More like tweaking, but sometimes you can make some pretty cool sounds with the existing samples.

Oddly enough, the one I programmed the most other than my Fusion, was the JV-2080. And I didn't even like the sound of that thing. But that big screen was a joy to program. I wish more ROMplers would be like that, and I think the EX5R might...
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="verdana"><a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze</a></font></div>

Comment

Wait, people actually program their romplers? Every single patch in my Motif Rack is still factory.

I didn't even know what synthesis was when I saved up all summer for my MU100R. I started designing my own sounds by adjusting EQ settings and layering channels, using FX, etc. I actually really miss building patches like that, kind of a different way of thinking about sound design.

I did have a Korg TR-Rack too! It was great, but like mentioned above it just was not fun to program at all. I ended up selling it and getting my first 'real' synth with the cash.

ChristianRock, thanks for the link to the EX5R page...sounds just like I remember my MU100 but bigger. If this thing comes loaded with the AN and VL boards it's certainly on the list!
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Live for Nothing, or Die For Something - John Rambo</div>

Comment

Wait, people actually program their romplers?

When it's the only synth you own, you don't have much choice

I'm planning for some quality time with my Motif to create a few more ambient sounds.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">My VCAs go to<b> 11</b></div>

Comment

You'll have to admit I have excellent excuses for not programming my Motif Rack:

- Yamaha.
              - Itty bitty screen.
              - A few buttons and one knob.

I'm good with the presets, thank you very much.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="right">Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.</div></div>

Comment

ChristianRock, thanks for the link to the EX5R page...sounds just like I remember my MU100 but bigger. If this thing comes loaded with the AN and VL boards it's certainly on the list!

I still have both the EX5R and an Alesis Fusion. The EX sounds great, but has some severe limitations, I'm happy using it as a mono-timbral/polyphonic device. (AN and VL are basically monophonic).
                You will run into the dreaded 'DSP Resources Full' message constantly when trying to use it otherwise. Great piece, but way underpowered. And no, it doesn't use plg boards. Best to look at Yamaha's site for info. And visit the EX5Tech site if you get serious about it.

The Fusion addressed most of the limitations of the EX. You only listed racks, so I didn't think you wanted another keyboard.
                I also suggested the original Motif rack because of the price range. I haven't seen a Motif ES rack priced as low as some here have.
                The plg boards are kind of a PITA too.

Comment

Working...
                X