No announcement yet.

Jupiter-80 vs Integra?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jupiter-80 vs Integra?

Omg, what a sudden and painful gas attack!!!

Does the Jupiters and Integra have all & same functionality?
    How is the synth in them?
    Can you edit, or downright mangle the SRX sounds?
    Hows the engine?
    Does the SRX-"cards" come to Jupiters?

Any favorite demos to share?
    Any demos of synth engine?
    I am wanting, I am thinking
    To arise and go forth singing,
    Sing my songs and say my sayings,
    Hymns ancestral harmonizing,
    Lore of kindred lyricking.
    In my mouth the words are melting;
    Utterances overflowing
    To my tongue are hurrying,
    Even against my teeth they burst.

See below now that we know what the Integra is...

You probably know this all be now.. LOL
    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

integra 7 demo on sonic state, where Gareth give the Vs against the jupiter 50/80

integra 7 does not have:
      no zone splitting (does have midi channel splits)
      one effect per patch on the integra (can me a multi effect patch with chorus, delay etc)

does have motional 5:1 surround sound
      does have srx boards
      does have 16 midid channels
      128 note poly (256 poly on jupiter 80 and 128 on jupiter 50 i think)
      does have same legacy collection as jupiter 80/50 - once it's out for sale/download

note editing of effects is on the actual unit for the integra 7...not on the ipad app...jupiter 80 will use it's touch screen i guess.
      http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Mega thanks!

Legacy collection coming to Integra too!
        Utterances overflowing

Comment

apparently you cannot mix and match from all of the srx boards into the users slots...i'm trying to get this 100% F.a.c.t...this might need to wait uintil we get access to the user manual pdf.

also on boot up you still need to drag n drop your cards into the virtual slots...
          however...there has to be some limits to what i see as a pretty substantial synth...it's does a great deal for such a low price point...hard to crit really for
          http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Yeah, I don't care at all, if/that I don't get to load 12 SRXs at once; 16 sounds from 4 srx cards + 2000 patches of the supernatural sort are plenty to me from 1 module.

I'm all ready convinced, but one thing intrigues me; what kind, or is there any kind of rompler engine to go crazy with SRX-samples. I saw some one loading a JD-800-ish pcm wave in the (Gaia looking)SuperNatural synth in some Jupiter or Integra demo.
            Utterances overflowing

Comment

if you have an ipad...go get the free editors and have a look around the integra7 and the jupiter 80 editors..you don't need the synths to have a look around them!

Comment

Any demos of synth engine?

If you mean the SN Synth, then check back on the Jup80 Demo,s as the original launch demos were done when the Jup80 only had a single MFX per main part (2 x 4) and so had the same basic SN Synth structure as Integra

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Mega thanks!

Legacy collection coming to Integra too!

I can't wait to hear that stuff...!
                  世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Yeah, I don't care at all, if/that I don't get to load 12 SRXs at once; 16 sounds from 4 srx cards + 2000 patches of the supernatural sort are plenty to me from 1 module.

I'm all ready convinced, but one thing intrigues me; what kind, or is there any kind of rompler engine to go crazy with SRX-samples. I saw some one loading a JD-800-ish pcm wave in the (Gaia looking)SuperNatural synth in some Jupiter or Integra demo.

The Integra has approx 450 PCM waves as an extra selectable source from within the SN Synth engine... While this is not linked in any way to the SRX or PCM and GM on the rest of the synth, there is no reason why Roland had to copy or not copy from SRX or D50 or any other classic such as the JD800. Lets hope for the sake of the Integra they do not duplicate too many from the SRX world, although you could argue the synth is different so no harm in some cross over...

Hopefully the PCM waves chosen from their history of synths, that have been selected, best suit the type of synthier stuff the VA does best...
                    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Integra-7

That module will have much more "staying" power in your studio. There's enough sound potential in that box to last a lifetime!
                      Studio One 3, Ableton Live 9, a StudioLive 16.0.2, HS 80M monitors, 2 ATH M50 headphones, Synths both hardware and software, and a DJ rig using turntables.

Comment

Dont't forget:

The Integra-7 doesn't have the awesome Tone Blender function of the Jupiter-80.

Comment

Dont't forget:

The Integra-7 doesn't have the awesome Tone Blender function of the Jupiter-80.

Awesome fiind! I was looking forward to do that! Not yet game breaking, but it might have impact on my plans.
                          Utterances overflowing

Comment

The Integra has approx 450 PCM waves as an extra selectable source from within the SN Synth engine... While this is not linked in any way to the SRX or PCM and GM on the rest of the synth, there is no reason why Roland had to copy or not copy from SRX or D50 or any other classic such as the JD800. Lets hope for the sake of the Integra they do not duplicate too many from the SRX world

I think those are the stock XV-5080 tones.

As I understand it, the sounds available with nothing loaded into the slots fall into 4 categories: SuperNATURAL acoustic (modeled), SuperNATURAL synth (VA and digital synth emulation), SuperNATURAL drums (V-drums) and XV-5080 (traditional rompler PCM). Then into the slots, you can load extra banks of SN acoustic instruments, the virtual SRX cards (in a sense, completing the XV-5080 soundset), or the 4-slot GM2 soundset (which may be partially or entirely combining sounds from the various other places, to assemble a kind of "best of").

Comment

I think those are the stock XV-5080 tones.

As I understand it, the sounds available with nothing loaded into the slots fall into 4 categories: SuperNATURAL acoustic (modeled), SuperNATURAL synth (VA and digital synth emulation), SuperNATURAL drums (V-drums) and XV-5080 (traditional rompler PCM). Then into the slots, you can load extra banks of SN acoustic instruments, the virtual SRX cards (in a sense, completing the XV-5080 soundset), or the 4-slot GM2 soundset (which may be partially or entirely combining sounds from the various other places, to assemble a kind of "best of").

@ ''stock XV-5080 tones'' No I was discussing the PCM inside the SN VA synth. Do not confuse that with the SRX PCM and THE GM PCM's and the HD PCM all are different elements of this synth..

@ ''4 Slots'' I appreciate someone that had one on review said that, but I believe they are wrong as I stated soon after their comments. The pictures on the box and the guide all indicate the SN Acoustic and SN VA are part of the always available library of tones. This makes sense since they do not hold much PCM data and so run as programmes when the machine boots up..

It is only the EX SN's and the other HD PCM sources that need to load into the 4 slots. Once again this makes sense since they take up memory and so need to be loaded in to Fast RAM to be able to be streamed as sound sources

Tones
                              SuperNATURAL Acoustic SuperNATURAL Synth SuperNATURAL Drum Kit PCM Synth PCM Drum Kit * GM2 compatible sounds are included.

Expansion Virtual Slots
                              4 Slots * The following titles are loaded from the internal memory into the virtual slots. SRX Series (12 titles) SRX-01 Dynamic Drum Kits SRX-02 Concert Piano SRX-03 Studio SRX SRX-04 Symphonique Strings SRX-05 Supreme Dance SRX-06 Complete Orchestra SRX-07 Ultimate Keys SRX-08 Platinum Trax SRX-09 World Collection SRX-10 Big Brass Ensemble SRX-11 Complete Piano SRX-12 Classic EPs Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds (6 titles) ExSN1 Ethnic ExSN2 Wood Winds ExSN3 Session ExSN4 A.Guitar ExSN5 Brass ExSN6 SFX Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds (1 title) ExPCM HQ GM2 + HQ PCM Sound Collection * The SRX Series and the Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds use one virtual slot per title. * The Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds use all four virtual slots.

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Working...
                              X