Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by LameAim
    View Post

Module #2 is in the mail:

One of the best Euro VCFs available!
    Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

I got some new monitors tonight =o]

Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Hazard
        View Post

One of the best Euro VCFs available!

I really like what I've heard, and one showed up used on Muffs while the Paypal had money in it, so I pulled a yoink move. Working toward a 90 or 104HP row of Euro - want to do something similar to the Pittsburgh Modular Foundation, with the flexibility to go dual monophonic if desired. Still undecided on oscillators. Thinking to go with two Dixie IIs + some kind of wavetable... maybe a Piston Honda or an E350.
        octatrack + monomachine mkII + live 8 + samples = crap.
        also starring: Fender Strat / P-Bass, 828mkII, ADAM A7s, Vox VT30, TC Electronics RH750, some effect pedals, Venture Bros. DVDs

Comment

I'm sort of dual monophonic right now. I have 2 VCOs, the OSC303 and the Pittsburgh Osc. Along with the Piston Honda. Two VCFs, the Korgo and the Polivoks, 3 envelopes. But only one VCA =o]

Comment

Just ordered one of these to replace my Kronos:

I've been wanting to try a Receptor for years and finally pulled the trigger.
            Keyboards: Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350Guitar Stuff: Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Gribs
              View Post

HP EliteBook 8560w. Well okay, work issued this to me, but it is a fine laptop for doing just about everything that does not require a gaming GPU. The Quadra 2000M graphics board is optimized for CAD...

Funny, my work assigned me a very similar laptop. Unfortunately, hard drive contents are property of the company.

*just checked* Yep, that's the model.

I just got an M-64C for the MKS-80, and have ordered some TL084s and TL082s so I can replace the ones inside my OB-Xa that won't tune right.

Two stupid things happened - one before this, one after this.

Stupid thing before: I blew up a TL084 inside the OB-Xa - which is why I have these chips on the way. Pulling and re-inserting chips while on

Stupid thing after: I wanted to load the MKS-80 factory presets onto the M-64C. They ended up in internal, wiping out my nice patches including some Jupiter-8 recreations. #15 Glock Pax (the basis for the JP-8000's "MKS-80 Bell-Space"), #31 Stereo E. Piano, and #43 Strings are worth it, though.
              I'm the vaccine for the Access Virus.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock
                View Post

I was about to get a Plugiator recently (I think it's a terrific, terrific deal) but apparently the editor doesn't work on OSX Lion

But congrats on yours koolkat

Considering I was able to get it for $199.00 at Tom Lee Music (opened box), I'd say definitely a good deal.
                Studio: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Plugiator - GSI Burn - VB3
                Live:
                Samson Graphite controller - SM Pro V-Machine - Mackie SRM 450 v3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bdub
                  View Post

Just ordered one of these to replace my Kronos:

I've been wanting to try a Receptor for years and finally pulled the trigger.

Full report when you get it please... this is one of the things I am considering as I find I am pushing the limits of my Rev B.
                  Vocal Gear: Audix OM3xb, Boss VE-20 | Synth Gear: Muse Receptor V1.0 | Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Roland AX7

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyParent
                    View Post

Full report when you get it please... this is one of the things I am considering as I find I am pushing the limits of my Rev B.

I sure will...it's supposed to be here next Wednesday.
                    Keyboards: Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350Guitar Stuff: Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by U&I
                      View Post

Enjoying both of these immensely

Five years later the Mono is as amazing as it was the first day.

(edit: apparently it is more than five years - time flies!)
                      Buy my book!
                      http://www.facebook.com/UnderMKE

I make noise.
                      http://www.facebook.com/allerian
                      Listening Device on CDBaby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DesolationBlvd
                        View Post

Funny, my work assigned me a very similar laptop. Unfortunately, hard drive contents are property of the company.

*just checked* Yep, that's the model.

It is a pretty nice laptop - not really optimized for audio but certainly adequate for messing around. Our computer and internet use policy is surprisingly liberal and can be summed up with some simple rules:

Don't do anything illegal

Don't do anything that might be construed to be harassment

Don't do anything that interferes with the business of the company or damages its reputation

Don't do anything that will harm company property and information (see previous rule)

Don't do anything that interferes with the ability to do your (or any employee's) job

It is all couched in legalese of course, but that is basically what it says. I think the company knows that when employees take their laptops home and the company has a reasonable electronic resources policy, the employees just don't just mess around with personal stuff. They log in to work and check emails, make some responses, maybe search on some data, connect to the corporate network so they can read an e-journal article via the library, whatever. In other words the company gets more work out of them for very little extra overhead!

This is also the point where having software installed on a hard drive and owning a license are two different things I bought (with my own money) a 64GB SD card for the slot and put all my plugins and stuff on it. When the computer lease is up in 3 years I will just put the dummy card back in.

I made a thread here a long time ago where I asked about using a work laptop for making music during off times and ended up deciding not to do it then. Several years later I decided that is silly, especially since I am not off making any money or doing anything professionally related to music - just some hobby stuff.
                        Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

Was looking for a new toy as some retail therapy for my apparent onset of midlife crisis (see separate thread). Found this guy for $325 on local CL. Showed up to meet the guy and found out it was the black version. Had a Blofeld once before, not long after I had started in synth world, and was impressed but didn't really know what to do with it. I am very much looking forward to round 2 with one.
                          My gear list:

Guitars: Epi Les Paul w/ BG Dark Buckers; '06 MIM Fender Strat; '89 MIJ Fender/Squier Tele; '90 MIJ Fender Strat; Seagull S6
                          Amps: Vox AC30; Fender Champion 600; Vox Pathfinder 15
                          Pedalboard: CS-2/Fulldrive II/SD-1/DD-20/DD-5/Behringer verb/Fish & Chips/Ernie Ball VP/TU-2

Mandolin: Loar LM-520

Keys/Synths: Korg Triton; Korg TR-Rack; Roland SH 201; Yamaha MM6; Yamaha DX7; Mac Powerbook w/ Komplete Elements 7, Vanguard; Reaper; Reason; Korg Electribe ES-1

Comment

Well, the new gear parade for the month continues for me (see post above)...I started playing mandolin a while back. Got a good-for-the-price Kentucky KM 160 (more of an entry level model, but still had carved solid top, solid back and sides, no laminate). For no real reason was looking through the local CL this weekend and saw one of these at a local shop for a really good price used, but appears new:

It's a Loar LM 520. Finally cured my f-scroll envy. Also the construction just seems more solid and quality, and the high notes have a rounder, less plinky tone, while the lower notes have a little more woody tone.
                            My gear list:

Guitars: Epi Les Paul w/ BG Dark Buckers; '06 MIM Fender Strat; '89 MIJ Fender/Squier Tele; '90 MIJ Fender Strat; Seagull S6
                            Amps: Vox AC30; Fender Champion 600; Vox Pathfinder 15
                            Pedalboard: CS-2/Fulldrive II/SD-1/DD-20/DD-5/Behringer verb/Fish & Chips/Ernie Ball VP/TU-2

Mandolin: Loar LM-520

Keys/Synths: Korg Triton; Korg TR-Rack; Roland SH 201; Yamaha MM6; Yamaha DX7; Mac Powerbook w/ Komplete Elements 7, Vanguard; Reaper; Reason; Korg Electribe ES-1

Comment

for the vocals :

Audio Technica AT4033a
                              Hi Mom!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tspit74
                                View Post

I love garage sales. Got everything pictured for 100 bucks:

SY77

Stand

Expression pedal

(2) sustain pedals

10 watt practice amp

Manuals

Box of floppy disks with patches

(2) heavy duty patch cables

1 MIDI cable

i used to have a sy77 back in the 90's great keyboard, also had a few cards for it....long gone now mind ya!..have fun with it!
                                http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Working...
                                X