Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

October New Gear Thread!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October New Gear Thread!

Guess no one's started one yet, so here goes! These were marked as out for delivery this morning:

(1 of 2, the second to be bought in about a month)

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Yamaha MOX8 | E-Mu Emax (SE Upgrade) | Yamaha RX11 | Yamaha TG33 | Yamaha DX7 | Roland Alpha Juno | Roland D50 | Roland JV-2080 | Korg DDD-1 | Oberheim DMX (w/ Factory MIDI)<br />
    MacBook Pro (Core i7) | Zoom R-16 | Yamaha HSM-50s | Cubase 5 | Ableton Live Intro | Novation Launchpad<br />
    </font><br />
    <b><a href="http://videohomesystem.bandcamp.com/" target="_blank">Video Home System</a></b> - <i>80s/Synthpop/Electronic</i><br />
    <a href="http://vhsmusic.tumblr.com/" target="_blank">Tumblr</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/vhsmusic" target="_blank">Facebook</a><br />
    <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/VHS_music" target="_blank">Twitter</a></div>

Got me a XV 5080

The further away I am, the better I sound....

Comment

Got a DMX and rack ears for the MPG-80.

Next step, a recording interface and racks/stands/other organizational stuff.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">I'm the vaccine for the Access Virus.<br><br><br>DISCLAIMER: My avatar is not an endorsement of Pedobear, but an observation that the Oberheim logo resembles Pedobear.<br></div>

Comment

Put this in the "nearly new gear thread"--I've had a WICKED case of the stomach flu/gastroenteritis, along with the whole family (wife and three kids) for the last three days. Work has had me swamped, kind of down in the dumps anyway, so a little retail therapy was in order. Browsing the CL ads and saw someone with a Korg Triton LE for "make an offer". I threw him an offer of $300, which I expected would be the starting point for ensuing negotiations....but he accepted. Trying to set up meeting time today to pick it up.

If I like it, I think the Triton may replace the MM6 in my lineup as my general rompler and primary midi controller for the TR. I'm hoping that there won't be too much overlap between the TR and the Triton LE. From what I have listened to online, it sounds like the general rompler lineup (pianos, organs, strings, etc.) is stronger in the Triton, plus a more recently dated soundset. Of course there is the sequencer too, but almost everything I use is live performance, so not much use for that. But I don't anticipate getting rid of the TR, because there are just too many Wavestation-type motion pads in there that I just love.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">My gear list:<br />
        <br />
        Guitars: Epi Les Paul w/ BG Dark Buckers; '06 MIM Fender Strat; '89 MIJ Fender/Squier Tele; '90 MIJ Fender Strat; Seagull S6<br />
        Amps: Vox AC30; Fender Champion 600; Vox Pathfinder 15<br />
        Pedalboard: CS-2/Fulldrive II/SD-1/DD-20/DD-5/Behringer verb/Fish &amp; Chips/Ernie Ball VP/TU-2<br />
        <br />
        Mandolin: Loar LM-520<br />
        <br />
        Keys/Synths: Korg Triton; Korg TR-Rack; Roland SH 201; Yamaha MM6; Yamaha DX7; Mac Powerbook w/ Komplete Elements 7, Vanguard; Reaper; Reason; Korg Electribe ES-1</div>

Comment

$300 is a sweet deal for an LE. I think you'll like it a lot.
          SPAM - Korg Poly-800 w/ Moog Slayer mod $250 shipped CONUS
          Spunkytoofers Rabbit Hole (circuitbent PS-2) $300 shipped CONUS
          E-Mu Ultraproteus, power cord, good shape (minor rack wear) $225 + shipping
          Roland S-10 sampler, power cord, manual, and disks, great shape $100 + shipping (I just don't have room for it)

Comment

I love garage sales. Got everything pictured for 100 bucks:

SY77

Stand

Expression pedal

(2) sustain pedals

10 watt practice amp

Manuals

Box of floppy disks with patches

(2) heavy duty patch cables

1 MIDI cable

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">Alesis QS8, Ensoniq Fizmo, Oberheim OB-12, E-MU Vintage Keys Plus, Rhodes 73 Stage, Wurlitzer 145, Wurlitzer 146B, Wurlitzer 206A, Yamaha CP-70B, Yamaha CP-30, Kawai EP-608, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Mellotron M400, Hammond M-3, Vox Jaguar, Baldwin Fun Machine, Wurlitzer MLM, SCI Pro-One, Moog Rogue, Arp Explorer I, Moog Opus 3, Arp Omni 2, Multivox MX-202, Crumar Orchestrator, Crumar Performer, Akai AX80, Akai AX60 w/S612 sampler, Korg Poly 800, Ensoniq Mirage, Roland CR-78.</font></div>

Comment

For $100? Daaaaaaang.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="right">Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.</div></div>

Comment

Yamaha SY77 going for
                世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy
                  View Post

For $100? Daaaaaaang.

Yeah. This is why I always ask at garage sales. I always ask if they have any records or instruments. The lady said she had a synthesizer from the 80's next door. She said it was worth $400-500 on ebay, but she didn't remember the name or model. She took me over and there it was. She said she wanted $200 but would take $150 at the lowest. I had five $20 bills in my wallet and told her I could get it out of her life right then and there. Obviously she just wanted it out of her life.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">Alesis QS8, Ensoniq Fizmo, Oberheim OB-12, E-MU Vintage Keys Plus, Rhodes 73 Stage, Wurlitzer 145, Wurlitzer 146B, Wurlitzer 206A, Yamaha CP-70B, Yamaha CP-30, Kawai EP-608, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Mellotron M400, Hammond M-3, Vox Jaguar, Baldwin Fun Machine, Wurlitzer MLM, SCI Pro-One, Moog Rogue, Arp Explorer I, Moog Opus 3, Arp Omni 2, Multivox MX-202, Crumar Orchestrator, Crumar Performer, Akai AX80, Akai AX60 w/S612 sampler, Korg Poly 800, Ensoniq Mirage, Roland CR-78.</font></div>

Comment

HP EliteBook 8560w. Well okay, work issued this to me, but it is a fine laptop for doing just about everything that does not require a gaming GPU. The Quadra 2000M graphics board is optimized for CAD...

This laptop has a high speed SD slot right in the front, so I bought a high speed 64 GB card for it to put my personal music-related stuff on it. Some people are using the SD slot like a solid state boot drive for Ubuntu and other cool things. Otherwise October is double-whammy property tax and home owner's insurance premium payment month so no other big purchases.

In case you wonder why HP, I have no choice. I get what they issue. At least I can load up the RAM. I decided to stop at adding a 16 GB kit. This thing maxes out at 32 GB which is more than my octacore desktop.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
                    <font size="3"><br />
                    <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
                    </i><br />
                    G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

Enjoying both of these immensely

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://venndiagram.virb.com">Venn Diagram - Artist Website</a><br><br>Machinedrum, Monomachine, Analog Four, Octatrack, NordModular, Moog SubPhatty, Novation Nova, Korg MS20 Mini, Maschine, Tassman, Aalto, Absynth, Uhe's ACE &amp; Audulus<br><br><a href="mailto:faxorgy.productions@gmail.com">Contac t </a></div>

Comment

The Plugiator:

Gear: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Plugiator - GSI Burn

Comment

I was about to get a Plugiator recently (I think it's a terrific, terrific deal) but apparently the editor doesn't work on OSX Lion

But congrats on yours koolkat
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="verdana"><a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze</a></font></div>

Comment

Module #2 is in the mail:

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">octatrack + monomachine mkII + live 8 + samples = crap.<br />
                            <b>also starring: </b>Fender Strat / P-Bass, 828mkII, ADAM A7s, Vox VT30, TC Electronics RH750, some effect pedals, <a href="http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&amp;tag=mozilla-20&amp;index=blended&amp;link_code=qs&amp;field-keywords=venture%20brothers&amp;sourceid=Mozilla-search" target="_blank">Venture Bros. DVDs</a><br />
                            </font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by LameAim
                              View Post

Module #2 is in the mail:

One of the best Euro VCFs available!
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed"><u>Synths:</u></font> <font face="Lucida Console">TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . Monotron</font></font><br><br><br><br><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed"><u>Drum Machines:</u></font> <font face="Lucida Console">Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick Lancet<br><br><br><br><br><br>New DJ Mix - <a target="_blank" href="http://www.mixcloud.com/ComputerControlled/acidted-question-everything/">AcidTed - Question Everything</a></font></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X